Scheduled Green Flag (approx): 3:31pm/et

Scheduled Race Re-Airs:
ESPN2: Monday, October 12 at 3:00am/et
ESPN Classic: Monday, October 12 at 12:00pm/et
SPEED, Wednesday, October 14 at 12:00pm/et

Weather Link..... Fontana, CA 5 Day Weather Forecast

Defending race winner: #48-Jimmie Johnson

Will a Chase driver win this race?

Who's going to come out of this weekend with the Chase lead?

I'm picking a Chase driver to win - Jeff Gordon in his Pepsi sponsored Chevy

Jimmie Johnson takes over the Chase lead this weekend. :banghead:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I agree with the 24 winning and the 48 taking the lead, though I hope he doesn't :(
also, my other prediction is a boring typical California race. Zzzzzz I'm planning on catching th frst 20 & last 20 laps.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Jeff Gordon to win.... And of ya can't go against Jimmie probably coming out with the points lead.

Thanksgiving weekend here this weekend so not sure how much if any of the race I will cetch, hopefully the most important laps tho.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Thanksgiving weekend here this weekend so not sure how much if any of the race I will cetch, hopefully the most important laps tho.

What's Thanksgiving like up in Canada? :scratch:

Family get togethers? Arguments with people you see only once a year? Outing your cousin & watching you aunt go crazy? :shock:

You should start a thread in the Studio Lounge & tell us what it's like :idea:
Posted via Mobile Device

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
BTW, lots of blown motors at ACS. Jimmie Johnson wins & 5 of the top 12 have blown engines :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!

Family get togethers? Arguments with people you see only once a year? Outing your cousin & watching you aunt go crazy? :shock:

Posted via Mobile Device

Just like yours but a month or so earlier.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I know in my case, I overeat and watch football all afternoon. So..... it's basically like any other Sunday.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com

Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds pretty close.. lol

Actually ours this year is my DH's cousins wedding, a day with my Mom and then come home and have our own Thanksgiving/Anniversary holiday together with out any of the crazy family members we only see once a year and outing Cousins while Aunts go crazy.. lol

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I have not watched a race at Auto Bore in I don't know how long. I won't even listen on Sirius.

If it's nice outside, I'll listen to the NFL and practice my golf chipping in the front yard. ;)

Oh....my picks for the "race"? Jimmie to win and take the chase lead. Mark to run out of gas on the last lap. Carl to get caught speeding on pit road. Biffle to miss his pits once. Kurt to cuss at the crew chief. Kyle to fight a bad car setup all day. Jr. to come in second after finding out the Redskins lost thereby pissing him off enough to cause him to push down HARD on the gas pedal. Smoke comes in third after a lugnut issue on pitroad.

Oh.....my crystal ball just went out.....must be the batteries......DANG.

Last edited:

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
I have not watched a race at Auto Bore in I don't know how long. I won't even listen on Sirius.

If it's nice outside, I'll listen to the NFL and practice my golf chipping in the front yard. ;)

Oh....my picks for the "race"? Jimmie to win and take the chase lead. Mark to run out of gas on the last lap. Carl to get caught speeding on pit road. Biffle to miss his pits once. Kurt to cuss at the crew chief. Kyle to fight a bad car setup all day. Jr. to come in second after finding out the Redskins lost thereby pissing him off enough to cause him to push down HARD on the gas pedal. Smoke comes in third after a lugnut issue on pitroad.

Oh.....my crystal ball just went out.....must be the batteries......DANG.

umm....when you replace the batteries, can I borrow that ball? :Smiley_wink:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA

Your predictions are always so vague! Can't you be more specific? LOL

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
umm....when you replace the batteries, can I borrow that ball?

OK, just got the batteries changed.....ball is heading your way! :purpbanana:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
"Did You Notice?… That despite drawing only 15,000 people for their February race, the Nationwide Series will still tackle the Auto Club Speedway twice in 2010? Guess that whole attendance thing doesn’t matter when it comes to Cup shows needing companion races to fill the weekend.

Though considering the troubles of the Nationwide Series to field even 30 competitive cars and the snore-inducing racing at ACS, maybe 15,000 wasn’t such a bad turnout after all…"

The Frontstretch: Did You Notice? Nationwide Series Ponderings by Bryan Davis Keith -- Friday October 9, 2009

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
"Did You Notice?… That despite drawing only 15,000 people for their February race, the Nationwide Series will still tackle the Auto Club Speedway twice in 2010? Guess that whole attendance thing doesn’t matter when it comes to Cup shows needing companion races to fill the weekend.

Though considering the troubles of the Nationwide Series to field even 30 competitive cars and the snore-inducing racing at ACS, maybe 15,000 wasn’t such a bad turnout after all…"

The Frontstretch: Did You Notice? Nationwide Series Ponderings by Bryan Davis Keith -- Friday October 9, 2009

Each year the Nationwide series gets worse and worse. I mean, it's the Kyle Busch punching bag this year. Like it was Edwards and Harvick's a few years back.
Which cup guy do you think will win it next year?
You know what? I don't care.:zz::zz::zz:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
It really is dying a slow death...although this economy will speed that up...unless nascar makes some big changes. I think both the trucks and NW should run mainly on short tracks. I watched a truck race at Nashville Superspeedway (which is 30 miles east of Nashville! ) and was bored out of my mind. I might as well have parked by the interstate!

There was so much room between drivers a mother duck could have walked her babies back and forth across the track all night! :p

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
You know....I was on another forum and the topic came up.....with most sports, the playoff is the best part of the season. Baseball, Hockey, the NBA, and usually the playoffs in the NFL are better than the Super Bowl.

But can we say that for nascar? For me, I don't care for most of the tracks that are in the chase so I don't watch those races. And, of course, lately Jimmie wins it. Maybe this year will be different in that it will come down to the last race and be only a few points between drivers. (I can dream, can't I?)

Last edited:

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
OK, just got the batteries changed.....ball is heading your way! :purpbanana:

Thank you.....Thank you......Wooohoooo go me!!! :purpbanana:

Things should now start looking up for me!!

And if they don't, I'm throwing it at you!!!! :Smiley_wink:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Reutimann dropped to back of field

David Reutimann's front-row qualifying effort Friday was disallowed when NASCAR inspectors confiscated both rear shock absorbers on the No. 00 Toyota that was outside the limits for shock pressure.