Race Record: Bobby Labonte, Nov 16, 1997, 159.904mph

Most Wins - Active Driver: Bobby Labonte, 6

Most Wins - All Time: Dale Earnhardt, 9

Which current Cup driver had his first career start here in 11/92? :scratch:

I'm going with a Dale Earnhardt Jr. victory. :yesshake:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Andy Petree needs to find a new job. I find that guy gets on my nerves over and over. When the other guys try to have fun he always jumps in with his "serious" comment and brings it down.

I've never been a big fan of the "three guy team". (except in the old days with Buddy, etc.) It doesn't matter which sport....I like one play-by-play guy and one commentator. Like this new ESPN monday night football gig with Gruden. Gruden can stay but take out the other (white) guy, whatever his name is.

Anyway...looking forward to the race....especially since for the first time in YEARS I'll have Labor Day off.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Anyway...looking forward to the race....especially since for the first time in YEARS I'll have Labor Day off.

Maybe we can all stay awake as apposed to a California snoozefest? Good to hear that you have off. Are you watching with friends? We are heading to camp for the weekend. Satellite dish is ready to go. I've got a projection unit that we get out and put the race on a big screen outside, (weather permitting). There will be 20+ there sitting around the campfire watching this one.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I've got a projection unit that we get out and put the race on a big screen outside, (weather permitting). There will be 20+ there sitting around the campfire watching this one.

Wow, that's awesome! I've done something similar but I had a 20" on a chair close the fire pit and it was just me and the wife.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
On the 3 summer holiday weekends of Memorial Day, July 4th, & Labor Day, we have a large group of people up to our camp for a large camping weekend. For the last 3 or so years we've been using the projector for the race. Normally, we hang a twin bed's sheet on one of the outside walls. About a month ago, the awning on my RV collapsed during a storm. While the awning material survived, the supporting structure didn't. I had the entire thing replaced but I held onto the awning material. I bought a grommet kit to install some grommets into the awning material so that I could hang it off of the wall. If all goes right this weekend, we'll have a screen that will measure around 8' X 12'. It should feel like a drive-in theater. We already have many people stop in just to watch the race because they see the screen as they drive by. We'll probably make even more firends this weekend.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel :worried:
Posted via Mobile Device