Paul Harvey has passed away at 90

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
It was just reported on Fox News. Now we will no longer be able to hear...the rest of the story. :(

RIP Paul

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
I would plan my day or at least try to plan, to catch Paul on the radio. When I was working the field early in my career there were not radio stations and their signals except near towns. The problem was there were not many towns in the oilfields that I worked. When in Wyoming, which had less people than the city of Fort Worth, Texas, I would try to have my day done by noon for the Paul Harvey Show. Rarely worked that way. I had to drive my truck off road and climb to a high spot to catch a signal. Paul Harvey was important to me and I feel there were tens of thousands of loyal listeners like me.

Paul Harvey represented the goods things in America. At least I thought so. Today's radio personalities are good and entertaining, but they are no Paul Harvey.

kingchuck69

Joker! Joker! Joker!
Oct 11, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
chuck69.com
As a teen growing up in the 1990's, I loved listening to Paul.

I grew up in the Traverse City, MI area and we didn't have Howard Stern or kick-ass rock stations. Since Traverse City and other neighboring towns had their own PH station, he was everywhere. So, on my lunch break, I would listen to Paul's news and coming home, I listened to "The Rest of the Story". I never totally agreed with his politics and some of his stories were far-fetched, but his style of doing things was hard to copy.

I've since moved to the big city (Grand Rapids) and I now almost never listen to terrestrial radio. As a matter of fact, I haven't listened to Harvey in years. However, I knew that the end was near for Harvey. His wife, Angel died last year and many Clear Channel stations canned his show for Fox News.

But, on the brighter side, Paul had a wonderful, long life entertaining millions with his stories and opinions.

Radio has lost its best friend.

Wolf

Rainbow Sherbet WILL ALWAYS BE ICE CREAM!
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
That sad to hear him go, I use to remember hearing him back on Terrestrial Radio.

R.I.P. - Paul Harvey :(

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
RIP Paul Harvey.

When I was in college, I'd hear him read the news every day on the radio station my boss played at work.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
One of the best voices ever to grace radio, expecially in news, may Paul Harvey have a great rest of the story :bigthumbup:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
:( I just listened to 'the rest of the story' last week. I did think he was much older though.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
When I think of Paul Harvey I think of America and what it meant to him. How he would highlight little areas all around the country. He would get fired up over things and yet always ended on a good note. I loved that he made me think about how things were and what I could do to make it better.

He did have a nice long life and he will always be remembered for his Rest of the Story and Good Day comments! RIP Dear Brother!

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
I was on a project in Pureto Rico for 8 months. The plant where the workers worked played the radio most of the day. It was mostly all in spanish except for "The Rest of the story" from Paul. I looked forward to his report in English.

Rest In Peace

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I used to love to hear Paul Harvey when I was in the service and first started to listen to AM Talk radio back in the early '90s. Even when I started driving a truck, it was nice to catch him on a local radio station before I got XM back in 2002.

God bless and comfort his family and friend. It's sad to know he's gone now, but Paul was definitely a blessing to me and a lot of other people...:)