Pandora on Blackberry

digital100

Oct 15, 2008
Northern Virginia
I just found out that Pandora has a Blackberry app. Has anybody tried it? The sound quality was better than I expected for cellular. I played it for many miles yesterday while driving back from NC, and although there were skips, the signal seemed more reliable than most of my cell phone calls.

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
I downloaded the application on my Bold and no problems. Works well on WiFi connection, but have not tried it yet via cell. I tried Pandora when it came out and tired pretty quickly of the repetitions on the stations I created. I still would rather listen to Sirius on my Mac. It is a nice addition to my BB Bold apps.

I just created a "James Brown" station and the app started with a James Brown favorite, but the next song was by Stevie Wonder, "Superstition". I don't think of Stevie Wonder when I want to hear James Brown. Just me.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Trying to get Pandora to work on wifi only. I got an 8820 with WiFi that I set up for the kids to use at home on Wifi only. The phone has no plan. When I try to run the Pandora app, it does a check for the networks and then says its not seeing a data connection. I know I've got wifi signal at the time because the Slacker app works. Anyone have any ideas? I guess I need to try it on my work bberry and see if it works there with the cell network turned off.

Mopar86

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
www.tss-radio.com
Trying to get Pandora to work on wifi only. I got an 8820 with WiFi that I set up for the kids to use at home on Wifi only. The phone has no plan. When I try to run the Pandora app, it does a check for the networks and then says its not seeing a data connection. I know I've got wifi signal at the time because the Slacker app works. Anyone have any ideas? I guess I need to try it on my work bberry and see if it works there with the cell network turned off.

Do you have a SIM card installed? or does the SIM card just not have a account service on it? Cuz I can use Pandora with WiFi with the cell turned off, so it might be a SIM card recognition thing, although I don't know much about it