Page Six Article On Artie's Hospitalization

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
I think there are some stupid people on this board.

I don't think there is any dispute about what happened to Artie's dad. And its pretty obvious his problems stem from that.

Why Howard hasn't called him? Don't know, but he DOES care about Artie...way more than he ever cared about someone like Jackie.

What would be "stupid" is believing everything that came out of his mouth. What would be "stupid" is calling other people who disagree with you "stupid"

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I think there are some stupid people on this board.

I don't think there is any dispute about what happened to Artie's dad. And its pretty obvious his problems stem from that.

Why Howard hasn't called him? Don't know, but he DOES care about Artie...way more than he ever cared about someone like Jackie.

Yeah, Artie's issues come from that macho thing he has. Rather than deal with the obvious feelings, shut them away until you want to kill yourself. Better to die than cry like a pussy, right?

Howard is just as fucked up as Artie, so it's not surprising he hasn't called. He probably does care for the guy, but he also doesn't know how to handle the feelings, I'm sure. His constant "Who knows if Artie's still on drugs - I believe him when he says he's clean" shtick probably isn't sitting well with him now and perhaps he feels like a douche for not intervening sooner. Kinda hard to call a guy that idolizes you when he was obviously in a bad place and you didn't really do much to help during many previous cries for help.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Is Artie still getting paid and/or a Sirius employee? Did we acquire this info yet?

And why was Artie out for most of December?

tonyho7476

Oct 17, 2008
What would be "stupid" is believing everything that came out of his mouth. What would be "stupid" is calling other people who disagree with you "stupid"

I didn't say I believe everything that comes out of his mouth.

There has never been anything to dispute what happened to his dad. And it seems pretty obvious that the main cause of his demons is his dad.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Is Artie still getting paid and/or a Sirius employee? Did we acquire this info yet?

And why was Artie out for most of December?

They didn't mention that and I doubt they will. I think all we'll ever hear (a not for a long time.) is if he's coming back or not.

As for Dec, judging from the pics posted from his last day I'm assuming he was back on the junk and that started this latest downward spiral to where he is now. :(

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
So when arties family ask for privacy, he gives it, and is so pissed that some as*hole leaks the story, but when tiger woods and his family asks for privacy, howards laughs at him. He even makes a mockery of having a $100k game show over it.

Interesting, no?

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
They didn't mention that and I doubt they will. I think all we'll ever hear (a not for a long time.) is if he's coming back or not.

As for Dec, judging from the pics posted from his last day I'm assuming he was back on the junk and that started this latest downward spiral to where he is now. :(

I suppose that makes as much sense as anything else.

tonyho7476

Oct 17, 2008
So when arties family ask for privacy, he gives it, and is so pissed that some as*hole leaks the story, but when tiger woods and his family asks for privacy, howards laughs at him. He even makes a mockery of having a $100k game show over it.

Interesting, no?

A guy who is a complete phony to the public (tiger), is different than a guy who is so self-destructive, that he is willing to kill himself. The two are pretty different.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I didn't say I believe everything that comes out of his mouth.

There has never been anything to dispute what happened to his dad. And it seems pretty obvious that the main cause of his demons is his dad.

See, I never felt certain the source of Artie's *problems* were over what happened to his father, but I was closer to certain that that's where Artie's *excuses* stemmed from.

That's all the more reason Artie needs severe help (captain obvious here :>), because I don't think even he knows where the b.s. ends and the truth begins. :idunno:

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.

Interesting, no?

Cheating on your wife with 16 different women vs. attempted suicide is very different. Also, Artie is a personal friend so of course it's different.

tonyho7476

Oct 17, 2008
See, I never felt certain the source of Artie's *problems* were over what happened to his father, but I was closer to certain that that's where Artie's *excuses* stemmed from.

That's all the more reason Artie needs severe help (captain obvious here :>), because I don't think even he knows where the b.s. ends and the truth begins. :idunno:

Well, I think EVERYTHING stems from that incident. MAybe I'm the stupid one.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
A guy who is a complete phony to the public (tiger), is different than a guy who is so self-destructive, that he is willing to kill himself. The two are pretty different.

Artie is also a complete phony.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008

Interesting, no?

The only difference is Artie's connection to the show, but I agree that the circumstances are similar enough (without getting granular about either guy's specifics) that the response to each only exposes Howard to be a bloody hypocrite as usual.

tonyho7476

Oct 17, 2008
Artie is also a complete phony.

That is not true...he might be a lying drug addict...but he is not a phony.

I think some of the things people are saying about Artie are pretty shitty, considering all the great laughs and entertainment he has provided us. I wonder why some of you even listen to this show.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008

Artie's not a phony?!

Cheating on your wife with 16 different women vs. attempted suicide is very different.

True, but both of them are ruining their lives. Tiger's life is falling apart with endorsements, family etc. Who knows if it will go to the extreme of tiger comitting suicide.

Obviously a major difference between the two is arties connection to the show, but it shows the hipocricies that revolve around howard. I think anyone can see that

What did howard say on HOHS III? "I started radio to point out the hipocricies in people, and that is exactly what I do" or something like that.

LOL

JYJr

Nov 9, 2008
Alexandria, VA
The only good to come of this is that Artie will be forced to get some real help. No more denial, no more out-patient b.s., no more self-medication. He doesn't need to worry about coming up with excuses for missing the radio show. He doesn't need to worry about making it to his next comedy gig. All he needs to worry about is cleaning himself up and getting healthy again. I'm guessing that it will be a long time before his mother leaves his side. I can't imagine how she must have felt when she found him. Get well, Artie...

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Its The Howard Stern Show. He makes the rules....Just sit back and enjoy the hypocrisy and you just might find yourselves enterained.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I heard TSS Radio is bidding on the Artie Suicide Knife!

...too soon?