Anyone else?
Anyone... Anyone...
Bueller... Bueller...
I say you try it out and find your inner Stetson man or woman

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I use to listen to Outlaw Country all the time. I just quit for whatever reason. There use to be a show on Saturday Nights that was funny as hell and the music was good. I need to see if that show is still on.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
I use to listen to Outlaw Country all the time. I just quit for whatever reason. There use to be a show on Saturday Nights that was funny as hell and the music was good. I need to see if that show is still on.

are you sure it wasn't that crazy ass mojo nixon's shows.

i usually listen to prime country, but was suprised to see that former wwe wrestler hillbilly jim host a show on outlaw country on sundays. i might start tuning in to listen to it, but i that's kinda hard to do during racing season.

EDIT: hell, i meant the roadhouse not prime country.

Last edited:

mynameisjamie

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
I actually found out Johnny Knoxville of Jackass fame has an hour long show on Thursdays?(that's a guess) This last weeks was a tribute to Paul Newman so Johnny and his cousin would play a clip from a Paul Newman movie and then play a sweet old timey country song that went along with it. Pretty good show.

Pink Willie

Oct 14, 2008
Byron, Ga
Outlaw Country is one of the reasons I have stuck with Sirius. The Music kind of bounces all over the place. I love Shooter Jennings show.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
yep. weekdays at 4pm est. he also host maaaanifold destiny on nascar 128 on tuesdays at 8pm est, except for tonight since him and tony stewart live swapped days this week.

Thanks I am going to try to make sure I listen.

racefla

Oct 21, 2008
I guess I should be listening to XM12 before the various Nov. channel drops. I am not sure if this is one of them though.

Im filling up my Inno up the rest of the way with X-Country. I now have 552 songs recorded. My old dead inno had 800+. Course some of those are those hour+ recordings from MusicFest and Live@XM etc.

I wonder what will happen with the shows and live recoded music like SmokeStack, Texas Fred, and Live@XM?

Man I will miss this channel if it goes away.

To be honest I have not been able to listen to Outlaw very much, maybe it will grow on me. But in a hour & 1/2 sunday they played Dwight Yocom, twice...Hank2, twice,,,,maybe it was a show but thats already to many. Seems like alt country mixed with willies place to me.

Last edited:

Clevey

Oct 13, 2008
I'm sorry, but Hank Williams, John Anderson, Ray Stevens and Creedence Clearwater are not Outlaw Country. This doesn't even begin to replace X Country.

Last edited:

edgarb

Oct 19, 2008
I have always liked Outlaw Country...haven't listened in a while, but it's a great station.

Musicologist

Nov 22, 2008
Outlaw Country is an excellent channel. Better than any terrestrial country station I've ever listened to.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Happy Thanksgiving.

If anyone is surfing the dial right now, tune this in and give it a try. A great broadcast thus far. (XM12 - noon to 3pm est.)

Celebrate Thanksgiving weekend with the very best in Americana music, as Outlaw Country serves up an exclusive rebroadcast of the Americana Music Association's 7th Annual Honors and Awards Show, recorded at the historic Ryman Auditorium in Music City U.S.A. Hosted by Jim Lauderdale, this three-hour special features live performances from Jason & The Scorchers, Levon Helm, Steve Earle & Allison Moorer, Buddy Miller (with Robert Plant), James McMurtry, Ryan Bingham and more, as well as tributes to John Hiatt, Joan Baez, Tony Brown and Austin City Limits' Terry Lickona.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
It is a shame about this channel. I have tried to give it a listen and even read that they played Snoop Dog the other day. :bigahh:

Whoever the program director is has to be paid minimum wage.

I will not even comment on F word every few sentences MOJO Nixon. :mad:

The channel by it's title name could have been a great concept.