Outage?

alien88

Nov 12, 2008
So, starting around 8:10PM I haven't been able to get anything from sirius. My receiver just sits there 'searching for signal'. I contacted my mother who also has Sirius and lives on the other side of the state and she also noticed it go out and it hasn't come back.

Anyone else in the Michigan area notice this problem?

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I'm in Louisiana. I did get a rare 'acquiring signal' message about a half hour ago, that lasted for a little while. It's working fine now.

alien88

Nov 12, 2008
I'm in Louisiana. I did get a rare 'acquiring signal' message about a half hour ago, that lasted for a little while. It's working fine now.

Interesting. It was out for at least 10-15 minutes for me, I checked before pulling into the garage and still no signal but havent checked since then.

microbob

Oct 14, 2008
Signal is back but it seems weaker right now. I hope it's not a satellite problem.

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
I lost my signal in the car about an hour ago as I was pulling into the driveway. SIR is working great for me.

Chuck_IV

Mar 21, 2009
I had the outage too, in CT. Was out for at least 20 minutes. I was driving home and it just went out with "Searching for Signal". I was actually ready to schedule a service appointment, since the Sirius is built into my car.

BUT, it's on now.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I lost my Sirius at pretty much exactly the same time. "Aquiring Signal". I figured it was one of the 3 days / year where I can't get signal due to sat positioning. My XM is working fine via repeater.

It seems to be back with 1 bar now.

esperlman

Mar 21, 2009
Viera, FL
So, starting around 8:10PM I haven't been able to get anything from sirius. My receiver just sits there 'searching for signal'. I contacted my mother who also has Sirius and lives on the other side of the state and she also noticed it go out and it hasn't come back.

Anyone else in the Michigan area notice this problem?

Well, I'm kind of on the other side of the country, but my Sirius signal cut out right at the same time. I was only 3 minutes from home, however, and have not had an opportunity to go back in the car and see if the service is back.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Hell yea! I was setting up a hand me down radio in a friend's car, finally, and I was showing him how cool it was when we couldn't even get a signal with the car antenna on the hood of his car. I was flabergasted. Tried a home antenna, an xm car antenna, nothing. I thought it was me.:rolleyes:

Fireman451

Dec 5, 2008
Chicago
I called customer support last night at 9.30PM CDT and was told it was a satellite issue. Apologized and said it was back up. When I turned on my PNP Calypso, it was indeed back.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
This could be the new world when they turn off their current satelites and replace it with the geo-stationary one that will be accessable only to people with S windows.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Hopefully the geostationary satellite will somehow enhance the current elliptical ones, not replace them. The geostationary sats are relatively low in the sky compared to the elliptical ones. That would not be good news for Canadians.