Other Talk Besides O&A, Howard etc.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I like the

Eddie and Tracy Show (Mon-Friday 3pm-6pm est. on XM173 / WLW) This sometimes can be a Phil Hendrie type show where they have a fake guest to get callers riled up.

Dave Ramsey (Finanical Talk): XM Radio 2-6pm XM165 plus 11pm to 1am XM158. He is also on SIRIUS.

Bruce Williams (Finance and Political Talk / Like listening to your older uncle) XM158 Mon-Fri 7-11pm est

Clevey

Oct 13, 2008
I'll listen to Eddie and Tracy on occasion, also Bill Cunningham and Quinn and Rose.

mynameisjamie

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago, IL
My favorite talk:
1.Derek and Romaine Show OutQ 5-9pm CST M-F
2. Diana Cage OutQ 9-12 CST M-F

I'm pretty much glued to Sirius from 5-12 every night.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
I listen less now that most of Stephanie Miller's show is gone, but I enjoy listening to Mike Malloy, Lynn Samuels, and Thom Hartman on occasion on Sirius Left. And I try to catch Mike Feder every Sunday.

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
i can't listen to any of the in house sirius shows on 146. samuels grates on the ears, bennett and samuels openly hate on obama (this on the liberal channel!! can anyone say PUMA?) and thompson's show doesn't really belong on sirius left but rather on xm's black/urban talk channel.

i hope that if they combine both services left leaning channels, they put all of the in house stuff on one channel and syndicated shows on another. just more stephanie miller (live) thom hartmann (live) and randi (finally) please.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I forgot to mention the PLAYBOY channel I get from BEST OF SIRIUS. I never had it over at XM and heard negative things about it. If you are a guy, what is there not to like???

I am lovin' this channel. :bigthumbup:

Music_Rube

Oct 17, 2008
I like listening to Ed Schultz on XM 167 (America Left). He is on the air M-F 11:00 AM to 2:00 central time.

The main reason I like listening to Ed is because he is also from North Dakota and still broadcasts from Fargo. I used to listen to his local show "News & Views" on the local AM station back in the day.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I forgot to mention the PLAYBOY channel I get from BEST OF SIRIUS. I never had it over at XM and heard negative things about it. If you are a guy, what is there not to like???

I am lovin' this channel. :bigthumbup:

To me, this is one of the worst channels on Sirius. The worst part about hot, stupid girls is having to hear them yap and yap...but you put up with it because, well, they're hot and fun to look at! With the Playboy Channel, what they've done is completely remove the visual aspect of hot girls, and all you get is to hear them talk...how wonderful!

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Stephanie Miller has become my other appointment radio. I tend to only tape it and catch it maybe even days later.

Unfortunately, Miller is not original to Sirius and plays on progressive AM stations. They play only an hour (the last hour) of her show on Sirius Left. I think she is on mid-mornings in LA but the show runs at 8PM Eastern. The guy they had replace her is kind of lame. There was such a big uproar that they had to at least give listeners an hour. I really hope that she considers going exclusively to Sirius, but that seems kind of unlikely. Stephanie uncensored would be great!

Last edited:

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
To me, this is one of the worst channels on Sirius. The worst part about hot, stupid girls is having to hear them yap and yap...but you put up with it because, well, they're hot and fun to look at! With the Playboy Channel, what they've done is completely remove the visual aspect of hot girls, and all you get is to hear them talk...how wonderful!

I guess you have never listened to the ADVICE SHOWS. (I need all the help I can get / Ask Mrs. goreds2)

Sounds like you would enjoy the MARTHA channel.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Oh yes, I can't get enough of Martha! Why she doesn't have her very own sub-forum here at DRC is beyond me. O&A gets one (inexplicably), why not MARTHA?!?!

You know what's funny....I forgot that Martha was on Sirius! I was thinking she was on XM and was just newly available if you wanted her here. I do think that the concept of her daughter giving her mom's old shows the MST3K treatment sounds great, though.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Oh yes, I can't get enough of Martha! Why she doesn't have her very own sub-forum here at DRC is beyond me. O&A gets one (inexplicably), why not MARTHA?!?!

Don't worry, in a week or so the three O&A threads will drop off the page and they'll have to shoot that forum to put it out of its misery. :Smiley_wink:

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
Talk / Entertainment (not Sports Talk) is the one area that XM kicks Sirius ass.

I so want to listen to Randi Rhodes, Laura Ingraham, and Glenn Beck. Hell Sally Jesse Raphael is better than Martha!