Oscar Movies Howard Recommended

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
well im just starting to get some of the movies that were up for oscars this year via netflix. a bunch of these are flix that howard talked about liking. so far ive seen milk and vickey christina. i thought milk was really good and i see why penn got the award even though he is a traitor to our great nation. i didnt really like the new woody allen movie. i got a few chuckles from it but was expecting more.

i should be getting slumdog in the mail today. after all the good things ive heard about it from howard and everyone else im looking forward to checking it out.

so far i would say ive seen 2 movies howard recommended and thought 1 was worthwhile. have you all checked out any of these yet? i think that movie doubt looks good, too bad its not on dvd for a few more weeks.

-jhdk

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I saw "Doubt" and I don't think it won anything but it was incredible.

cool, yea it sounds really good. im watching 7 pounds right now, that will smith movie where hes going to off himself. im only about 15 mins in but so far so good. i remember howard ragging on it but whatever, hes off with movies a lot.

-jhdk

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
cool, yea it sounds really good. im watching 7 pounds right now, that will smith movie where hes going to off himself. im only about 15 mins in but so far so good. i remember howard ragging on it but whatever, hes off with movies a lot.

-jhdk

I don't remember Howard saying anything about this movie. Maybe I forgot. Seems like this one sort of went under the radar by Will Smith standards. Might be worth renting. I should get Netflix...

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I don't remember Howard saying anything about this movie. Maybe I forgot. Seems like this one sort of went under the radar by Will Smith standards. Might be worth renting. I should get Netflix...

its nice to see smith in a serious role, instead of all those crappy summer wannabe blockbusters hes had lately. its easy to forget that he has become a pretty good actor.

dude if you have an xbox netflix is soooo worth it. i do the 2 movie at a time in the mail plus the streaming and it sets me back around $14 per month. im really into catching up with various tv series. i just did battlestar galactica and then hbo's rome which rocks by the way. now im onto big love.

the online streaming through the xbox (and other set top boxes) is really nice. the selection isnt all that great but it has enoough that i seem to fill up my queue to the max of 500 without much effort. the streaming pretty much ensures that you will always have something to watch, even if its just a nature show or a documentary. i totally suggest it.

-jhdk