Orbitcast - PocketTunes: Now you can record Satellite Radio on your iPhone

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 7, 2008

The folks at NormSoft have upgraded the Pocket Tunes Radio iPhone/iPod Touch app to now have the ability to record any stream you want - including recording Sirius XM satellite radio. Recording lengths are only limited by your storage capacity. And while playing back, you can skip forward and back to jump past songs - and commercials - you don't want to hear.

The update also might be good news for XM SkyDock owners as it could be an indication that Apple is loosening their hold on their internal memory and allowing apps to include recording/saving of data.

That was my one big gripe about the SkyDock - no timeshifting. So could an official way to record Sirius XM using their Premium Online app or XM SkyDock app be far behind?

Who knows - but in the meantime Pocket Tunes is available for $6.99 right now (iTunes link) so that anyone can record them for playback later.

Do you have the latest version of Pocket Tunes Radio? If so, sound off in the comments below!

[Learn More or Download the Pocket Tunes App (iTunes)]
Thanks Nathan!

---
View the original Article at Orbitcast or discuss it here.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
I would think this also bodes well for Slacker's ability to cache on the iPhone using the internal storage, since an SD card is almost out of the question, unless Jobs changes his mind on that, too. I did download pocket tunes and played around with it a little last night, one feature I would like to see added is 'scheduled' recording, so I can record something late at night, and catch it in the morning. Otherwise, good move. :bigthumbup:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
I tried this last night and boy does it SUCK battery life!! Within 10 minutes my battery was completely drained from a full charge while recording. Next time I'll do it while charging.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I tried this last night and boy does it SUCK battery life!! Within 10 minutes my battery was completely drained from a full charge while recording. Next time I'll do it while charging.

I'd never record without it being docked, I didn't even try it because I assumed it would consume a lot of power. It is not only connected via Wifi downloading a stated stream of 128kbps data, but writing data to the memory, so Yeah!