Plus BMW has improved the user interface with its latest generation of the iDrive controller.
The Sirius factory option price has been lowered to $350 (down from $595), and will continue to include a pre-paid 1-year subscription for the "Sirius Everything" package. The Sirius satellite radio option will also now include "The Best of XM" package.
Add to that, new features have been added to improve the user experience via BMW's 4th-generation iDrive interface.
With the 4th-gen BMW iDrive...
- Sirius now features "Instant Replay" - giving you the option to timeshift / replay a favorite song or program
- The channel list can now be displayed as channel name, artist and song title - giving a "sneak-peek" to what is currently being played on the channel line-up
- Channel surfing is now made easier by the provision of Direct Channel Input.
- Favorite Alert will notify users when a favorite artist, song, or game is being played.
- Traffic Jump allows users to automatically tune to the traffic message of a chosen metro area when the message becomes available to avoid missing important updates.
BMW vehicles that aren't equipped with the iDrive controller will still have theTraffic Jump and Direct Channel Input features added as available features for 2010 when ordered with the Sirius option.
View the original Article at Orbitcast or discuss it here.