Oprah leaving her show maybe she will leave Sirius

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I can only hope. Its like taking money and flushing it straight down the toilet.

I see they have emeril on now too. Another brilliant move.
:bigahh:

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I wonder if Oprah even knows/cares she's on XM.

If you go to her XM page it seems like she would know, but you never know, ya know?

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Hopefully she takes it all with her to her new network.

The funny thing? Everyone's acting like she's "leaving TV" and "leaving her show behind."

Even if contractual obligations prohibit her from taking the show to TV, she could still easily change the name/format of the show and still be on TV.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
The funny thing? Everyone's acting like she's "leaving TV" and "leaving her show behind."

Even if contractual obligations prohibit her from taking the show to TV, she could still easily change the name/format of the show and still be on TV.
Can't walk away from that TV cash-...um, -cow.

:whistle:

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I look forward to the day her contract ends with SIRIUS. Time to put that bandwidth to good use (and scrap Backseat TV already)!

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
She's not leaving TV, she's moving to cable. She's got her own Network with Discovery (aptly called O.W.N.)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
They just re-signed her! Long as she is popular, they'll keep doing it!

I was wondering about that since her original contract was up last month. Do you know how much they paid for her? The original contract was horrendously overpriced.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I look forward to the day her contract ends with SIRIUS. Time to put that bandwidth to good use (and scrap Backseat TV already)!

Does Backseat TV really use bandwidth that the music/talk could use?

Backseat TV does seem like a joke though. It's not even live. With that said, i'd rather buy the kid some DVDs or whatever.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I wanna throw up!! This company will never make money, only mistakes.

Well I do believe that she is a draw for women. I don't judge her based purely on my dislike of her, but I do know a lot of women who think she is great! Sirius appears to be trying hard to appeal to women even though currently subscriber wise it is male dominated. But do you just throw your hands up and say the hell with women or at least attempt to bring some programming that they may like and be able to relate too.

I personally have no problem with the Oprah channel and the little bit of bandwidth this channel uses isn't that big of a deal. What they should do is get rid of all those useless traffic channels and ridiculous amount of rock channels that could clearly be consolidated. That would net them a hell of a lot more bandwidth than getting rid of a Oprah and Martha (which is purely for women) just like the recent announced Emeril.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Well I do believe that she is a draw for women. I don't judge her based purely on my dislike of her, but I do know a lot of women who think she is great! Sirius appears to be trying hard to appeal to women even though currently subscriber wise it is male dominated. But do you just throw your hands up and say the hell with women or at least attempt to bring some programming that they may like and be able to relate too.

I personally have no problem with the Oprah channel and the little bit of bandwidth this channel uses isn't that big of a deal. What they should do is get rid of all those useless traffic channels and ridiculous amount of rock channels that could clearly be consolidated. That would net them a hell of a lot more bandwidth than getting rid of a Oprah and Martha (which is purely for women) just like the recent announced Emeril.

I don't listen to as much music as everyone else apparently does, but even i'm asking if we need Classic Rewind, Classic Vinyl, Deep Tracks, AND Boneyard.