Open the political forum?

Should the moderators open the political forum?

• Yes. No one knows it's there.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • No. Keep it opt-in only.

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • There's a political forum on DRC?

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
No. Opt-in is good. This is a site for Digital Radio, not politics.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
No. Opt-in is good. This is a site for Digital Radio, not politics.

Yet there's a sports forum. Why? Because Sirius/XM has sports coverage. And Sirius/XM has political coverage, too--POTUS, Sirius Left, Sirius Right, Patriot, arguably all the news/talk channels. But we have to opt-in for that? :confused:

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Yet there's a sports forum. Why? Because Sirius/XM has sports coverage. And Sirius/XM has political coverage, too--POTUS, Sirius Left, Sirius Right, Patriot, arguably all the news/talk channels. But we have to opt-in for that? :confused:

Damnit, White Ludacris, you got me there. I concede; can I change my vote?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
If you guys can convince Tom Taylor I am down with it! Good Luck with that! :D

I do agree that we need to have something posted to let folks know about the opt in only forums like Political and Stern etc!

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
If you guys can convince Tom Taylor I am down with it! Good Luck with that! :D

I do agree that we need to have something posted to let folks know about the opt in only forums like Political and Stern etc!

We could probably put a sticky here in the Studio Lounge mentioning that there is a political forum... opt-in.
I think that's how it was done at SBS.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Politics is different from other topics. Folks don't get much information out of discussing it; they just get pissed off. I'm all in favor of leaving it opt-in as long as political threads moved there leave a tag letting people know what happened. Then they get to decide if they want to enter that world of pain.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Not just no, but HELL no. Leave it opt-in. Same with the Stern forum.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I say open it up.

I voted this way because, while this is primiarly a SAT RAD based forum, we also discuss many off topic subjects.

Open it up and let's post away.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
I like politics as much as the next guy, but this isn't a political forum, and politics is not the primary topic. I don't wish to see the shitstorm that a political forum can create happen here, so I choose to opt-out.

And I don't have a favorite forum.:nana:

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I like politics as much as the next guy, but this isn't a political forum, and politics is not the primary topic. I don't wish to see the shitstorm that a political forum can create happen here, so I choose to opt-out.

I don't get this. If you don't want to post, don't go in the thread?

Sort of like, hey, I don't like this TV show so I'm not going to watch it.

Bandwagon03

Oct 13, 2008
Rural Retreat, VA

To each his own, but I could say the same thing about the NASCAR forum....

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
open it for a month or three and see if any new members show up..isnt that the whole point driving traffic up for the benefit of sponsors? If google search could see Mumbo, there would surly be more traffic. -But given recent outages/slowdowns, are the DRC servers up to it? :p

Have a sticky on how to put sub-forums on ignore, instead of the opposite.

To each his own, but I could say the same thing about the NASCAR forum....
There's a NASCAR forum?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I wonder if there is a way to see it in the forum list but not new posts (if you haven't opte in).

Otherwise, leave it opted out.