Open Letter To Sirius/XM ( The Boneyard)

vanzant77

Mar 12, 2009
Peru Indiana
Let me starts by saying when I joined Sirius a few years ago I joined to experience music played commercial free for 24 hours a days, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. I have been extremely happy for quite some time but I must add that since the merger the quality of music has gone down and continues to go down day by day.
I have been patient in listening to my favorite stations since the merger and now the time has come to express my feeling on 1 of these stations. Lets start with The Boneyard which used to be The Buzzsaw. When the saw was active the variety of straight kick ass music was second to none. It was my favorite station by far. With Keith, Paul and Remi behind the helm there was never a doubt that the playlists were going to keep people rocking. A mix from AC/DC to ZZ Top that no FM station could even come close to competing with. Now it has been replaced by The Boneyard a mix of only Classic Hard Rock. Now with some peoples interest in music this may be the ultimate station. So is Headbangers Ball on MTV. I listen to Sirius to listen to all kinds of music not the same playlists of the same artist over and over and over and over again. Artists that are guarenteed to be heard in a 90 minute span on The Boneyard are, Metallica, Van Halen, Def Leppard, Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Judas Priest, The Scorpions, AC/DC, Whitesnake, Aerosmith, Dio, Great White, Deep Purple, Guns, & Roses, Iron Maiden.
Now nothing against these great artists but there is more to Hard Classic Rock than these handfull of artists. Not to mention that some of the songs have never even been played on air in the history of their releases. Its like the Dj's just pick a song out of the blue and don't care if the music fans likes them or not.
When The Buzzsaw was ROCKING Sirius there was more bands playing in a 24 hour period it was rare to hear the same group let alone the same song more than once. The Boneyard has its own following and I don't suggest that The Boneyard gets the can. Just remember The Buzzsaw had its own following. Bring back The Buzzsaw! It Rocked! It Rolled!

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I dont know but I think this guy needs to cancel if he is not pleased with the Boneyard. Come on their are other channels on Sirius that carry Classic Rock and if he wanted to he can create his own version of Buzzsaw on Slacker.

vanzant77

Mar 12, 2009
Peru Indiana
I will continue to post about this subject until the simpletons that program/listen to The Bonehead get off their asses and bring back a channel that plays the BEST of Classic, Southern, Guitar based Rock-n-Roll.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Wont happen my friend because the suits will continue to spew the same old shit. Here is my suggestion get a Slacker G2 and put my station on it . Please this is Xmfanish to post on the same damn thing over and over again.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I didn't perscribe to Sirius to have to change to a Slacker product. I joined to listen to the heart of Kick Ass Rock-N-Roll.

Then what do you listen to besides the Boneyard on Sirius? Because if you just listen to the Boneyard then you are limiting your variety which Satellite Radio was all about.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
And on this board it kind of gets annoying for me personally. What do you listen besides the Boneyard on Sirius. Do you listen to Deep Tracks the Vault Rewind Hair Nation. I want to know if you just listen to one station on Sirius out of curosity.

vanzant77

Mar 12, 2009
Peru Indiana
I listen to Classic Vinyl, Classic Rewind, Deep Tracks (which was better as The Vault) The Boneyard, and Hair Nation.
Before the merger they were all better!!

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Ok , and I want to know is on a scale of 1 to 10 how happy are you with the service just out of curosity because you are not pleased with Buzzsaw disappering and the channels that you listen to.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I will continue to post about this subject until the simpletons that program/listen to The Bonehead get off their asses and bring back a channel that plays the BEST of Classic, Southern, Guitar based Rock-n-Roll.

vanzant77, You're certainly welcome to express your opinion around here, just please kind in mind that DRC is independent of Sirius XM. Whether or not the Sirius XM suits actually read this forum is entirely up to them. I hope you are as persistent in contacting them directly as you are posting your ideas over here.

vanzant77

Mar 12, 2009
Peru Indiana
Overall I am happy with the service of Sirius radio. Although I was happier before the merger I will continue to keep Sirius. As far as the posts here go here I understand that DRC is independent of Sirius Xm and have contacted them directly.
Please accept my apoligies to those I have offended. I am a HIGE fan of Rock-n-Roll music of all kinds and sometimes get a little loud when it comes to expressing my opinions.

Keep On Rockin' In The Free World

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Me too as well vanzant , but please back off of posting on this subject for a little bit because it is going to be beating a dead horse eventually. I am not saying stop , I am just saying that repeating on this subject alot on so many threads will get irritating after a while.:right:

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Overall I am happy with the service of Sirius radio. Although I was happier before the merger I will continue to keep Sirius. As far as the posts here go here I understand that DRC is independent of Sirius Xm and have contacted them directly.
Please accept my apoligies to those I have offended. I am a HIGE fan of Rock-n-Roll music of all kinds and sometimes get a little loud when it comes to expressing my opinions.

Keep On Rockin' In The Free World

And I understand as well that some decisions by Sirius XM have pissed off customers including my self e.g. getting rid of disorder which was the best channel far none on Sirius. You didnt offend me alot man by posting on this it was just XM fanish which frustrated me because sometimes they bitch excessively.

As far as I am concerned I would contact them about the changes you want to the Boneyard and hopefully they listen , I was just saying in my previous posts that Zellner and the heads probably think that your not their clientle. Personally I am somewhat dissapointed in the Boneyard since they got rid of the newer stuff e.g. Helloween and the newer songs from Motley crue and others but I will stay with the company.

Lastly I would like to apoligize to you Vanzant for somewhat dashing your hopes because I was trying to get in the shoes of these corporate jackasses and give you their side to this.;)

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Maybe you guys can clear this up for me?

Did Boneyard ever have special programming... meaning a Southern Rock block on Saturday or Sunday morning, or a Van Halen themed hour once or twice a week? I can't remember if it was Buzzsaw that had that, or Boneyard? I assumed that would have made it over to Boneyard, I guess it didn't. :idunno:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
This is the programming I was referring to. In January, the Sirius XM website was advertising that these programs would return to Boneyard once it returned from AC/DC Radio. Never happened.

Van Hailstorm
Every night 10 pm ET
Catch a nightly block of Van Halen songs! Van Hailstorm focuses on David Lee Roth-era classics, but also features music from the Sammy Hagar and Gary Cherone eras. You'll hear nightly tour news as well as stories about the band's early days, not to mention rarities and live versions rescued from the archives.

AC/D3
Weekdays 6 pm ET
Every weekday at 6 pm ET, we’ll help you end your work day and start the night off with a set of three tracks from AC/DC. You’ll hear deep album tracks, live cuts AC/DC’s biggest rock anthems. Don’t miss your daily dose!

Grits 'N' Gravy
Saturdays 11 am ET
Every Saturday, take in a dose of Southern Fried Rock, smothered in sauce and ready to eat! From Skynyrd to Molly Hatchet to Black Oak Arkansas, we'll serve a heapin' helpin' of Southern Hospitality!

British Steel
Weekdays 10 am ET
Kick off your weekday with a healthy dose of British steel! Catch a block of ass-kicking tunes from New Wave of British Heavy Metal bands. You'll hear tracks from Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Saxon, Diamond Head, Raven…and other hard-and-heavy rockers from across the pond.
s.gif

Sunday Sabbath
Sundays 11 am ET
What better day to play a chunk of Hard Rock history? Sunday Sabbath delivers the goods to you with a hard and heavy set of the masters of metal - Black Sabbath! You'll get songs from both Ozzy and Ronnie James Dio's work as lead singer for the most influential hard rock band in the universe. We just may play songs from the carnival of other singers that fronted Sabbath throughout this amazing band's long and storied career, too.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Maybe you guys can clear this up for me?

Did Boneyard ever have special programming... meaning a Southern Rock block on Saturday or Sunday morning, or a Van Halen themed hour once or twice a week? I can't remember if it was Buzzsaw that had that, or Boneyard? I assumed that would have made it over to Boneyard, I guess it didn't. :idunno:

The Boneyard had breaking bone on Thursdays but now its gone. Also they had Chris Jericho of WWE and Fozzy host a show and they played newer stuff from the artists like Metallica and others which is gone. Buzzsaw had that southern rock and Van Halen.

At least with the version on Slacker it is ten times better then this version.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
The Boneyard had breaking bone on Thursdays but now its gone. Also they had Chris Jericho of WWE and Fozzy host a show and they played newer stuff from the artists like Metallica and others which is gone. Buzzsaw had that southern rock and Van Halen.

At least with the version on Slacker it is ten times better then this version.
Boneyard also had/has Eddie Trunk