Only one jazz station coming?

Derek

Nov 10, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
The USA Today ad wasn't all encompassing, just highlighting some channels. If you notice, there were only 30-some music channels listed. A poster at xmfan.com claims to have inside info on the lineups, and it appears there will be a traditional jazz channel and a smooth jazz channel.

Tgajr

Oct 11, 2008
Baltimore, MD
Really? This is all I see.

JAZZ/BLUES/LIFESTYLE
70 – Real Jazz
71 – Watercolors
72 – Spa*~
73 – SIRIUSLY Sinatra*
74 – BB King’s Bluesville
75 – On Broadway~
76 – Cinemagic~

Geronimo

Nov 14, 2008
I miss having a station like Beyond Jazz. I suspect that Real Jazz will really bea rebranding of Sirius' Pure Jazz and have some new jazz and some traditional.

I am disappointed but hey it is still beter than the FM dial.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Watercolors is much better than the Sirius smooth Jazz channel. I am glad they did get Watercolors on Sirius. Good Move !

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
The hosts on Watercolors do an excellent job, IMHO. It's nice to hear them again and I'm happy that they decided to keep it and get ride of Jazz Cafe...:)

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I ws very upset too. That was the main reason I picked up a Slacker player.

I'm not about to lose sleep over the loss of Planet Jazz, but it was a nice channel to listen to on Sundays.

They have to pay for everything they play right? This is probably why it's not online then. :( If not, why didn't they make it online only?

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
too bad if its true.

I know another few sub that will be canceling if its true...

More Jazz choices than local radio offered, was why they signed up in the first place.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
too bad if its true.

I know another few sub that will be canceling if its true...

More Jazz choices than local radio offered, was why they signed up in the first place.

Cancelling if what is true?

(Keep in mind this is a thread from November, so I would think anything from then would have already happened.)

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
oh -my bad i thought more choice was leaving..:eek: thx for the kind correction.

My jazz friends are way up north, and I dont usually ask how they like their satrad when we talk. I just know they signed up for jazz and always wanted more jazz stations.

Now Im curious how they like the line up post merger, and will def' ask next time for sure.