Only 49 hours left...

Discussion in 'SiriusXM Soundwave Cafe' started by Bandit 5160, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

until we get three more channels on XM with Backspin, The Strobe, and the Boneyard. The way it looks, these channels will be added to the XM lineup without the loss of anything that exists now, and that's why I am so psyched! I hope I am not mistaken about this...I'll be mad if anything disappears like it will/already has on Sirius. I am anxious to see what they do with these channels. Will Backspin and The Strobe be the exact same as they were on Sirius before the merger, or will the stuff that was on Chrome and The Rhyme from XM influence the content of them? And what will the Boeyard do...will it just be Buzzsaw with a new name, be just like Boneyard on XM was before the merger, a mix of the two, or something different. I do hope that Boneyard is not too much like Hair Nation. My guess is they will focus on classic hard rock of the 70s and 90s, as a lot of the 80s stuff is on Hair Nation, and the stuff form this decade is on Octane. And I bet they continue to play a lot of AC/DC stuff, too. But we'll see!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  2. HCLogo

HCLogo Member

I'm looking forward to the changes on Sirius as well. Old school is the only rap channel I actually like. Reminds me of my school days :)

3. Blitz71

Blitz71 Member

What was Boneyard like on XM?

4. maxoct97

maxoct97 New Member

Covino from Octane was fired...now he's just on the Covino and Rich show.

Let's hope this isn't a hint of things to come....

5. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

Why do you think he was fired?

6. Jleimer

Jleimer Active Member

When did that occur and who is replacing him on the 6-11 shift.

7. i-l-l

i-l-l Member

I actually wanted Backspin to die so Sirius could get The Rhyme. It was sooooooooo much better than Backspin's repetitive playlist.

8. geosync

geosync Well-Known Member

Backspin did become repetitive as far as the playlist. What wasn't repetitive were dj's like Dana Dane, Kurtis Blow, Lady B, and shows like Kool DJ Red Alert's show on Saturday nights. That was something that XM couldn't counter with anything they did on the Rhyme. With those above people gone, backspin can't be the same, but maybe some of the wider playlist on the Rhyme will carry over.

That's not to say the Rhyme wasn't repetitive either. It was, but they did play more songs.