Only 49 hours left...

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
until we get three more channels on XM with Backspin, The Strobe, and the Boneyard. The way it looks, these channels will be added to the XM lineup without the loss of anything that exists now, and that's why I am so psyched! I hope I am not mistaken about this...I'll be mad if anything disappears like it will/already has on Sirius. I am anxious to see what they do with these channels. Will Backspin and The Strobe be the exact same as they were on Sirius before the merger, or will the stuff that was on Chrome and The Rhyme from XM influence the content of them? And what will the Boeyard do...will it just be Buzzsaw with a new name, be just like Boneyard on XM was before the merger, a mix of the two, or something different. I do hope that Boneyard is not too much like Hair Nation. My guess is they will focus on classic hard rock of the 70s and 90s, as a lot of the 80s stuff is on Hair Nation, and the stuff form this decade is on Octane. And I bet they continue to play a lot of AC/DC stuff, too. But we'll see!

Last edited:

i-l-l

Nov 12, 2008
I actually wanted Backspin to die so Sirius could get The Rhyme. It was sooooooooo much better than Backspin's repetitive playlist.

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
Backspin did become repetitive as far as the playlist. What wasn't repetitive were dj's like Dana Dane, Kurtis Blow, Lady B, and shows like Kool DJ Red Alert's show on Saturday nights. That was something that XM couldn't counter with anything they did on the Rhyme. With those above people gone, backspin can't be the same, but maybe some of the wider playlist on the Rhyme will carry over.

That's not to say the Rhyme wasn't repetitive either. It was, but they did play more songs.