Only 32Kbit and not premium

cosmotopper

Sep 9, 2009
Okay,
I have been a subscriber forever and a day. So I signed up for premium internet so that I could connect from work and with my Itouch. I still see 32Kbit on the internet and the Ipod will not connect as it does not recognize me as a premium user.

What gives?

What is the secret?

:eek:mfg:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Probably a config issue at Sirius XM. Call up the CSR and make sure you are configured for premium on the username you are using for the iPhone App.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Sometimes they have to go into their system in order to get your account upgraded properly! There has been many of us over the years that have experienced what you are. Usually they can get it working.

I hate to do this, but iTouch is a keyboard made by Logitech. iPod Touch DAWG!

montego335xi

Sep 16, 2009
Hello, I'm new here and I'm hoping you guys might be able to provide some guidance on my problem... it's similar to the issue here, so I'm not trying to hijack this thread. :rolleyes:

I recently bought a new car and got 1 year free Sirius programming with it. I am new to Sirius radio, but I already love the programming. As an iPhone owner, I was excited to download the app and use it and figured the $3 per month fee was worth it (to me). I signed up for the Premium Internet service on Friday, 9/4.

A couple hours after signing up, I still could not sign in via the iPhone. Nor could I listen to the streaming radio via their web site. I called support and was told there was a problem with their system and that it would be 24 - 48 hours before it was fixed.

I then did some searching around and found other forums with recent posts saying their access was fine. Then I decided to try the free 7-day trial. I signed up with a different email address and got right in via the iPhone and over the web.

I then emailed support and began a 3 day back and forth thread with them over the labor day weekend. First I was told nothing was wrong with my account and that they could get it to work. Then I was told that my iPhone problem (and a screen shot of their app with the error message) was due to my service provider (AT&T) not Sirius. Then I was told that it was a problem with my account and that they'd refund my first month's charge of $2.99 and they did.

After trying a few other things, I changed my username on their site. I can now listen to the "Standard" stream via the web site, but when I click the premium button, I get sent to the "Sign up" page. When I try to sign up, it says I already have the service (and it still shows on the My Account page).

It is now nearly 2 weeks later and I STILL can not access this service via my iPhone. :mad: It sounds like these morons over there don't have a clue what they need to do. I called them again on Monday only to be told again that it would be 2 days. They apologize up and down, but they have no other response but... "2 more days."

Is this just a bunch of B.S.? Is there truly a problem? If not, what can I specifically tell them to make the change my account to Premium Internet Access?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Bob

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Hello, I'm new here and I'm hoping you guys might be able to provide some guidance on my problem... it's similar to the issue here, so I'm not trying to hijack this thread. :rolleyes:

I recently bought a new car and got 1 year free Sirius programming with it. I am new to Sirius radio, but I already love the programming. As an iPhone owner, I was excited to download the app and use it and figured the $3 per month fee was worth it (to me). I signed up for the Premium Internet service on Friday, 9/4.

A couple hours after signing up, I still could not sign in via the iPhone. Nor could I listen to the streaming radio via their web site. I called support and was told there was a problem with their system and that it would be 24 - 48 hours before it was fixed.

I then did some searching around and found other forums with recent posts saying their access was fine. Then I decided to try the free 7-day trial. I signed up with a different email address and got right in via the iPhone and over the web.

I then emailed support and began a 3 day back and forth thread with them over the labor day weekend. First I was told nothing was wrong with my account and that they could get it to work. Then I was told that my iPhone problem (and a screen shot of their app with the error message) was due to my service provider (AT&T) not Sirius. Then I was told that it was a problem with my account and that they'd refund my first month's charge of $2.99 and they did.

After trying a few other things, I changed my username on their site. I can now listen to the "Standard" stream via the web site, but when I click the premium button, I get sent to the "Sign up" page. When I try to sign up, it says I already have the service (and it still shows on the My Account page).

It is now nearly 2 weeks later and I STILL can not access this service via my iPhone. :mad: It sounds like these morons over there don't have a clue what they need to do. I called them again on Monday only to be told again that it would be 2 days. They apologize up and down, but they have no other response but... "2 more days."

Is this just a bunch of B.S.? Is there truly a problem? If not, what can I specifically tell them to make the change my account to Premium Internet Access?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Bob

I would cancel the premium internet service all together. Let it clear out of their system (overnight should do it) and then resub via clicking on the premium button on your player. I did mine online and it has never given me issues. I think a common thread of people having issues is they called in and had a CSR do it.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I would cancel the premium internet service all together. Let it clear out of their system (overnight should do it) and then resub via clicking on the premium button on your player. I did mine online and it has never given me issues. I think a common thread of people having issues is they called in and had a CSR do it.

If you don't let a CSR do it, you will get billed twice for it! So, that is exactly the route to go. They will resist doing it, but just keep pushing them until they do.

This has always been problematic! Seems Sirius just can't get their shit together on this even 3 years later. Truly sad! :no:

montego335xi

Sep 16, 2009
Well, of course now I seem like a total liar, but just tonight the service started working via my iPhone. Checking the web site now the "Premium" option is selected first and the stream plays.

Thanks for the responses guys. But it seems they finally figured something out.
Bob