Only 1 service on the Mirge?

SychoBC

Aug 31, 2009
If I get a mirge radio secondhand, do I still have to sign up through both services or can I just activate the Sirius end of the receiver?

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
As I understand it, the Mirge has 2 separate esn numbers. I believe you can subscribe to one or the other, or both. If you only want Sirius, I believe Sirius CS would have to activate it. If you want XM or both, XM has to do it. Don't buy it based solely on my word though. If your getting a good deal on the radio, you could always get xm with best of.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
As I understand it, the Mirge has 2 separate esn numbers. I believe you can subscribe to one or the other, or both. If you only want Sirius, I believe Sirius CS would have to activate it. If you want XM or both, XM has to do it. Don't buy it based solely on my word though. If your getting a good deal on the radio, you could always get xm with best of.

I thought to get both you had to go through the Sirius side. Either way, you should be able to sub to just one. If you do both you want to make sure you do one activation since it is possible to call up each service with your ESN and radio id and subscribe to each. But they would charge you $12.95/mo each rather than the $19.99 for both.