Online stream quality issue

Schmidty

Dec 9, 2008
Anyone listen online and notice that there are suddenly a lot of hisses and popping as of this week? Sounds like I'm listening to one of Baba Booey's pieces of vinyl.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Anyone listen online and notice that there are suddenly a lot of hisses and popping as of this week? Sounds like I'm listening to one of Baba Booey's pieces of vinyl.
Been an issue for a few days now, but is only on the Internet radio(PC's & Laptops)- I have had no issues on the iPhone app & my Lynx. Many complaints- SXM knows about it and is working on it. Appears to be mainly on Chrome browsers- try Firefox

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Thanks for the advice. Stopped it in Chrome and it works fine in Safari for Mac users. Weird since Chrome was never an issue before.
Chrome has never worked worth a crap for me on any music service- I always run Firefox for streaming music alongside Chrome, which I use for all other Internet work and browsing.

Schmidty

Dec 9, 2008
Thanks for the info, I'm using Chrome so I'll have to check out a different browser:agree:

enfuego360

Nov 29, 2009
i have only had this problem the last 2 days, but i notice it in internet explorer, chrome and firefox. it is really annoying to hear a pop once or twice a second for 5+ hours. i hope they fix it by next week.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I haven't been listening on line lately since I got settled into my office and can use my dock and antenna again. (Thanks TSS for the quick ship of my new antenna extension cable!)

I'll try the webs again tomorrow and see what's up.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
It seems to have migrated to the iPhone app- just started around Noon today

Anyone got time to check it on your phone? Thanks

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
That's for Internet Radio- I noticed SXM sent that tweet right after we reported the iPhone issue. My issue was with iPhone app having garbled audio. Shortly after it was reported, the garbled audio was resolved, but ever since then, all channels have been cutting out all day- very annoying. They seem to be having multiple issues with many different platforms!

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
My wife said her internet experience yesterday was horrible. I think she is using Chrome. Will tell her to try IE.

enfuego360

Nov 29, 2009
i only listened for about a minute but it seems to be fixed. i did not hear a pop on either firefox or internet explorer. i did not check chrome though. hopefully it is fixed now.