online player and 'Best of XM' channels

mcf57

Dec 5, 2008
I have a $2.99/month SIRIUS online account attached to a Starmate 5 that has "Everything plus Best of XM". I noticed that I also have online access to some Best of XM channels. NHL, PGA, Oprah, etc.

I'm assuming I get these only because I have Best of XM package added, correct? If I remove 'Best of XM', I'll lose them, right? I was thinking of getting another online access account as a gift for a family member, but it would be attached to just a 'SIRIUS Everything' radio. What would be the difference in channels?

Also, is there any way of pre-paying for an online account for an entire year? When I got my current online access, it appears I was only able to go month to month at $2.99. I would just like to pay the entire yearly price of $35.88 for this new online account if possible.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I have a $2.99/month SIRIUS online account attached to a Starmate 5 that has "Everything plus Best of XM". I noticed that I also have online access to some Best of XM channels. NHL, PGA, Oprah, etc.

I'm assuming I get these only because I have Best of XM package added, correct? If I remove 'Best of XM', I'll lose them, right? I was thinking of getting another online access account as a gift for a family member, but it would be attached to just a 'SIRIUS Everything' radio. What would be the difference in channels?

Also, is there any way of pre-paying for an online account for an entire year? When I got my current online access, it appears I was only able to go month to month at $2.99. I would just like to pay the entire yearly price of $35.88 for this new online account if possible.

Yes, the XM channels are attached to the Best of XM package. Removing it will remove those channels.

I think you can set your account billing frequency just like any other radio. I am not sure if Sirius requires the whole account to have the same cycle or not.