One GOOD thing about the merger...

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Lithium has been playing the uncensored version of "My Own Worst Enemy." Pre-merger, this was the only censored song on Lithium, and now (after the burp) it appears that 100% of Lithium is uncensored.

YAY!

YankeeXDev

Oct 19, 2008
Rochester New York
Lithium is my favorite channel, after the merger there playlist seemed to get way better. Didn't they combine with lucy? I think this is the best channel they offer on sirius. Got tons of great songs from the 90s rock scene. Even some songs I haven't heard in a while.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Honestly, I haven't been able to turn Sirius off. I have two radios, and it seems like there's always one on. I even sleep with it on!

Yes, Lithium and Lucy were combined. They had a few burps, such as playing censored music and music which didn't seem to fit, such as Seal. After a few weeks, it appears that the burps are gone.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Coming from a predominantly Sirius listening perspective, the merger has been a good thing, IMHO. Playlists are a little bigger, and we got some of the better XM music content like The Blend, AT 40 and 60s on 6.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Coming from a predominantly Sirius listening perspective, the merger has been a good thing, IMHO. Playlists are a little bigger, and we got some of the better XM music content like The Blend, AT 40 and 60s on 6.
I totally agree.

The only thing that leaves me disappointed is it would have been nice to have the music entirely seperated, but allow everyone to pick what channels they wanted. If they wanted Big 80's and 80's on 8, then why not? I always viewed Lucy as a "Lithium and now" channel, so it would have been nice to have both Lithium and Lucy on the same radio, as seperate channels.

I guess though, when you have to combine and downsize, such a thing isn't possible.

It's not a huge deal though.

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
Lithium is my favorite channel, after the merger there playlist seemed to get way better. Didn't they combine with lucy? I think this is the best channel they offer on sirius. Got tons of great songs from the 90s rock scene. Even some songs I haven't heard in a while.

Funny. Lithium used to be my favorite music channel before the merger. Seems they play a lot of songs that aren't 90's alternative and grunge. Lithium used to emphasize the grunge, now it's almost ignored IMO. Does anyone know of a channel that's more like the old Lithium. I'm not knocking anyone's taste, I'm just wondering if there's a channel I haven't tried that I might like.

YankeeXDev

Oct 19, 2008
Rochester New York
Funny. Lithium used to be my favorite music channel before the merger. Seems they play a lot of songs that aren't 90's alternative and grunge. Lithium used to emphasize the grunge, now it's almost ignored IMO. Does anyone know of a channel that's more like the old Lithium. I'm not knocking anyone's taste, I'm just wondering if there's a channel I haven't tried that I might like.

I agree that it turned into move 90s alternative now and swayed away from the grunge part. I can't think of any other channel on sirius you would get grunge music. lithium, faction and alt nation are the only rock channels I like. Can't really get into the older rock channels since I never grew up in the 60s/70s/80s. 90s and into today is the only rock I like. I'd only listen to other older rock stations if they were playing a Zep or YES song I like.

I wish there was a better channel sirius had which played 2000s punk, alternative rock and pop punk stuff. Alt nation or faction doesn't play a wide variety of that kind of music. Like bands that would be on tour for warped tour or bamboozle. I am considering getting slacker to create my own artist oriented stations like that.

I am getting kind of bored with the rock play lists sirus offers. I hear the same damn song or artist over and over again.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
I wish there was a better channel sirius had which played 2000s punk, alternative rock and pop punk stuff. Alt nation or faction doesn't play a wide variety of that kind of music. Like bands that would be on tour for warped tour or bamboozle. I am considering getting slacker to create my own artist oriented stations like that.

Did you listen to the Punk channel when it was on channel 29 before AC/DC hijacked it? They played some of that stuff, a little too much for my taste (I prefer the classic 70s punk). It's annoying for a punk fan like me listening to XM because I have to surf between three different channels to get punk songs. Underground Garage for the 70s stuff, 1st Wave for the 80s stuff, and Faction for the modern stuff. Luckily I like other kinds of music, so now I just park my radio on Outlaw Country and Underground Garage most of the time.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Did you listen to the Punk channel when it was on channel 29 before AC/DC hijacked it? They played some of that stuff, a little too much for my taste (I prefer the classic 70s punk). It's annoying for a punk fan like me listening to XM because I have to surf between three different channels to get punk songs. Underground Garage for the 70s stuff, 1st Wave for the 80s stuff, and Faction for the modern stuff. Luckily I like other kinds of music, so now I just park my radio on Outlaw Country and Underground Garage most of the time.

forgot how i miss the punk channel!:bigcry:

YankeeXDev

Oct 19, 2008
Rochester New York

Yeah they did have some great newer and older punk on that channel. Too bad AC/DC took over. AC/DC songs all sound the same to me. I just bought a itouch tonight and hope to use the pandora/slacker/last.fm applications to find some great punk and rock stations.

I found that on the slacker site they have a lot of great punk stations you can choose from. It is a shame sirius lacks quality play lists. I like the service but I am getting bored with it. Its great for the older listener to hear great 60s/70s/80s music but not for an 18 year old college student.