One day in LA

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
The wife and I will have one free day in LA next week before we tape the Judge Judy show, We are staying at the downtown Sheraton on S Hope St. What can/should we do or see thats near?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
If you like the pop-culture, there is the whole hollywood deal. (the walk of fame, sunst strip, etc.) It's fun to see some of that stuff and check it off the old "been there-done that" list. There are a coupld of frank lloyd wright houses up bt griffith observatory that might be back open for tours of you're into that kind of thing. The getty museum is a really crazy place to check out.

For food theres the pinks hot dogs and mell's. Fun, kitchy.

We hit a dodgers game while we were there a few years ago, but I don't know if they are playing when you're in town.

There's always the whole venice beach thing too.

Can you rent a car to go driving around? You haven't been to LA if you haven't haven't driven on the freeway!

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Visit Hollywood and Beverly Hills... see how the celebrities live. :)

Hollywood Walk of Fame & Grauman's Chinese Theatre and such.

p.s. I think I stayed at that same exact hotel on a family vacation in 1985.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Find Lauren Conrad.

[Eric the Midget]
You know what to do....

You KNOW what to do......
[/Eric the Midget]

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
What are some of your interests in a place? If you had a choice do you like seeing things that are hip and cool, maybe historic?

LA has so many different areas that are all very different from each other. Because there is no central area when people go there they experience very different versions of Los Angeles.

I used to work at a place called Mastro's Steakhouse in Beverly Hills. If you want to see celebs it's kinda your best bet. But it's still a toss up and it's not too much of a tourist place but you could go hang out at the first floor bar and get an appetizer and drink and just get a feel for LA. And tell them hi from me.

Hollywood and Highland is very cool. It's a shopping center of sorts really unique right next to all the old theaters. It's a total mix of tourist and people who've recently moved to Hollywood and some locals.

For history downtown has the Angels Flight tram which is an old rail based transportation setup that takes you up a hill.

For nightlife checkout Sunset Blvd in West Hollywood and maybe for comedy The Comedy Store on Sunset. If you like O&A it's a good place to find Joe Rogan performing.

More shopping and entertainment at the following.
-Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica
-Century City Mall (kinda fancy, outdoors)
-Universal City Walk

Getty Center for Art and amazing views in Brentwood.

Downtown isn't too far from Old Town Pasadena as well which is super charming and friendly, more like the South or Midwest than an LA feel.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
The wife and I will have one free day in LA next week before we tape the Judge Judy show, We are staying at the downtown Sheraton on S Hope St. What can/should we do or see thats near?

Any updates on the Judge Judy show? I will have to DVR it!

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
We are back, we did the regular tourist thing. We took the subway from down town to Hollywood, walk around and and looked at the "SIGN" and the "FOOT PRINTS" and what not. Did not care to much for the place, was kind of creeped out by the bums hanging around asking for money or flowing us around.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
We are back, we did the regular tourist thing. We took the subway from down town to Hollywood, walk around and and looked at the "SIGN" and the "FOOT PRINTS" and what not. Did not care to much for the place, was kind of creeped out by the bums hanging around asking for money or flowing us around.

You weren't dressed like this were you?
4481.jpg