1. Hectic Art has been promoted to Admin. See the thread in the News section.

On Prime Country

Discussion in 'Country, Christian, Gospel' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Nov 19, 2012.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

This week on The Charlie Monk Show:

[​IMG]

We'll be playing some of Tim McGraw's biggest hits Saturday after 2pm

2. Similar Threads: Prime Country
    Forum Title Date
    Country, Christian, Gospel Prime Country Hall of Fame Weekend Mar 9, 2012
    Country, Christian, Gospel Shania Twain Weekend on Prime Country May 18, 2011
    Country, Christian, Gospel Prime Country changes May 10, 2011
    Country, Christian, Gospel New Countdown Show on Prime Country May 1, 2010
    Country, Christian, Gospel prime country playlists Jan 27, 2009

3. SIRIUSaboutXM

6 pm ET Today
    Reba joins Kim Ashley today to talk all things Malibu Country and Prime Country!

[​IMG]
  4. SIRIUSaboutXM

SXM's first ever Xtra channel Preview!
    Red, White, & Booze TAKEOVER of Prime Country!

All weekend starting @ 5pm Friday
    The music of country-themed bars and honky tonks across America, featuring a mix of country and rock songs from artists like Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, Zac Brown Band, Jason Aldean, Kid Rock, Lynyrd Skynyrd and more.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  5. goreds2

goreds2 Well, you know........

Xm 58

I like the channel online. It will be nice listening in the truck. Thanks for the info. :agree:
  6. SIRIUSaboutXM

You are welcome- very exiting time to be a SXM subscriber- also tomorrow Bon Jovi Radio & Girls Room radio launches.
  7. goreds2

Liking this channel. Listened on the way home yesterday. Never know what the heck is going to play. I will probably record some of this overnight since it is just a weekend thing.
  8. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Reaction is mixed (at best) on the SXM FB page. Most Prime Country listeners are unimpressed at the loss of their channel and the playing of rock music.
  9. SIRIUSaboutXM

Actually, much more negative response to this than positive on their FB page. It's quite entertaining to see what they're saying. I think most of the songs are tolerable for Classic Country fans, but they DO NOT want to hear AC/DC, Ted Nugent, Beatles, KISS, Thin Lizzy, Rick Derringer & Aerosmith!!
    The Program Director & DJ's from Prime Country pretended to know what was played on R,W & B but clearly did not!

I Agree Prime Country was not the right choice for this- Outlaw Country or The Highway would have been less damaging, in fact, if you check the Highway's FB page, they posted a promo for this and all the feedback was positive.

This was intended to make more subscribers aware of the Xtra channels and getting people interested in the Lynx & the Edge.
  10. goreds2

Happening again July 4th.

Red, White and Booze Preview on Prime Country Thursday 7/4 12:01 am ET

Prime Country: Ch 58 Prime Country is taking July 4th off, so RW&B is taking over for the day! An exclusive SiriusXM channel dedicated to a rockin’ mix of Party Anthems and Honky Tonk Songs! Enjoy Red, White and Booze this Independence Day on Prime Country, or anytime online and with the SiriusXM Smartphone App. Prime Country returns Friday… maybe a little hung-over. (All Day)
  11. SIRIUSaboutXM

12. goreds2

I recording a few hours yesterday while I was doing other things. I did take my XM Delphi Boombox to a neighbors house and we had this channel on while playing cornhole (bean bag toss). They had me change the channel after about an hour. They said it played too much country. That time frame, it was 80% country which is understandable. I changed the channel to Classic Rewind and everyone was happy. :band:
  13. SIRIUSaboutXM

TRACY LAWRENCE WORLD PREMIERE's SONGS FROM HIS NEW ALBUM "Headlights, Taillights and Radios" TODAY!

Catch his performance from the Sirius XM Music City Theater at 6 pm Eastern TODAY! and hear songs from his new album all weekend! only on PRIME COUNTRY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. goreds2

I would think this would be ON DEMAND. It better!
  15. SIRIUSaboutXM

Tracy Lawrence Concert Replay @11 AM ET Tomorrow
  16. goreds2

Thanks! Do you know how long it was on? I may record it.
  17. SIRIUSaboutXM

55 minutes
  18. SIRIUSaboutXM

Another replay at 9pm tonight & they're playing new studio tracks every hour.
  19. goreds2

I did catch the last 35 minutes yesterday morning. Seems like a good album. I will try to catch the first 20 minutes on demand.
  20. SIRIUSaboutXM

Good luck with that. Next replay at 2pm ET today.
  21. goreds2

Missed the first 20 minutes again. :bigahh: