On Google maps, do you know that you can...

secrecyguy

Oct 15, 2008
Southern California
www.youtube.com
Did you know that you can get reviews about any kind of businesses (like stores, dentists, etc.) by checking Google maps? You can only do this on the computer though. Just go there and type in the business name and location. It will give you reviews on that business. Of course not all businesses have reviews though but it's fairly complete considering Google also search automatically on other websites for reviews.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
It's hard to take seriously some of the reviews you see on the Internet. A lot of reviewers seem to have an axe to grind, or are pissed off because they feel they were wronged and want to vent. In general, I think that people who have a positive experience don't always take the time to share their impressions.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Yeah. I found that I can do that on Google Maps on my cell phone.
Take em with a grain of salt and a dash of pepper, but if you're looking for food while your traveling, I've found that you can find clusters of restaurants that way. It makes it a bit easier for general recon. Then stroll the neighborhood looking at the crowds they draw, the aroma coming out of them, and the menus in the windows.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
I like how you can grab the line when searching directions and tweak the route to which roads you want.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Colorado
Those Internet reviews don't have a lot of credibility as was mentioned earlier. I take those with a major, boulder-sized grain of salt.