On Deep Tracks

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Hectic, you may like this

Around The Basses with Rush’s Geddy Lee
Monday April 1 @ 2 pm ET

Rush bassist Geddy Lee gives us his picks and predictions for the base runners in the 2013 MLB season, and discusses and plays music from the influential bass players in his life. Listen to this hour-long exclusive discussion with Deep Tracks host Earle Bailey!

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

Best channel on radio is about to get even more interesting!

It's busy here at Deep Tracks HQ... Earle is working on a Head Trip for this Sunday, plus he has a guest in all next week with him (hint: her name is Annie and she's seen a UFO)... Geddy Lee from Rush is going to be stopping by the Deep Tracks to discuss basses and bases (he's a baseball fanatic!)... King Crimson will be the featured BBC concert from the vault in a few weeks... phew... all of the details are coming...

To recap... Head Trip... Annie... Geddy... King Crimson

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Renaissance Week on Deep Tracks

Mon- Fri @ 3pm
One of progressive rock’s most prolific vocalists, Annie Haslam is on Deep Tracks with Earle Bailey presenting fresh tracks from the new Renaissance album “Grandine Il Vento†all week. A free spirit with a five octave vocal range, Annie tells us the stories behind the new songs and a few from the formative years, also.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH

Monday April 1 @ 2 pm ET

Rush bassist Geddy Lee gives us his picks and predictions for the base runners in the 2013 MLB season, and discusses and plays music from the influential bass players in his life. Listen to this hour-long exclusive discussion with Deep Tracks host Earle Bailey!
Excellent! It will probably be better discussion than what I have heard on MLB Network Radio in the mornings. (Talk Yankees way too much :banghead:)

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Excellent! It will probably be better discussion than what I have heard on MLB Network Radio in the mornings. (Talk Yankees way too much :banghead:)
In case you aren't aware, there's tons of current content on MLB Network's On Demand. Much better than listening Live!

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

Today @ 2 pm ET

Rush frontman Geddy Lee is a long-time Toronto Blue Jays fan, and now he will be doing something that most Toronto fans dream of doing their whole lives: throwing out the first pitch for the Jays home opener on Tuesday, April 2.

The soon-to-be Rock and Roll Hall of Famer told USA Today that during concerts, when Rush takes a break, he makes sure that he checks MLB scores and highlights.

Lee is a Jays season ticket holder, and also has his own fantasy team:

"I would be embarrassed to admit how much time I spend on it. I scour the box scores and I scour websites looking for players."

Even though Lee grew up in Toronto, he admitted that the Blue Jays have not always been his favorite team; for a long time, he favored the Detroit Tigers and the Chicago Cubs.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

Found this email from Earle Bailey... when Earle has an idea for a Head Trip, we all stop and listen!

Annual Deep Tracks April Fools Head Trip
Today @ 4pm ET

Today is April Fools Day. And EB leaps into the breach with a three hour thematic tangent. EB says this about the Deep Tracks April Fools Head Trip:

“I’m Nobody’s Fool†but “Maybe I Can Fool Everybody†on board the “Ship of Foolsâ€. Now perhaps “Only A Fool Would Say That†but “If You Gotta Make a Fool of Somebody†you can get in the “Fools Paradeâ€, play the “Fool’s Gameâ€, and win a trip to “Fool’s Paradiseâ€. But you know you’ve been a “Fool Too Long†when you’re a “Fool in the Rainâ€. So, “Heav Help the Foolâ€. You know, “The Fool on the Hillâ€.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio

Today @ 2 pm ET

Rush frontman Geddy Lee is a long-time Toronto Blue Jays fan, and now he will be doing something that most Toronto fans dream of doing their whole lives: throwing out the first pitch for the Jays home opener on Tuesday, April 2.

The soon-to-be Rock and Roll Hall of Famer told USA Today that during concerts, when Rush takes a break, he makes sure that he checks MLB scores and highlights.

Lee is a Jays season ticket holder, and also has his own fantasy team:

"I would be embarrassed to admit how much time I spend on it. I scour the box scores and I scour websites looking for players."

Even though Lee grew up in Toronto, he admitted that the Blue Jays have not always been his favorite team; for a long time, he favored the Detroit Tigers and the Chicago Cubs.
Too bad it's not on-demand.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Oh, but it is- I sent a request in for this yesterday and Deep Tracks delivered! he knows more than you would think about the game!

Available from 'Featured Shows' or 'Deep Tracks Vaults': SiriusXM On Demand - SiriusXM Radio
STUD! I'll have to download it. Thanks! I think most aren't used to the idea that they actually will interact with us.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
"Yes! A strike! " - Geddy

My old office window had a view into the loading dock/back of house area at the arena that Rush played at on the last tour. I saw Neil's motorcycles and some people riding them. They had helmets on, so I couldn't tell if it was Neil or not. I kept looking for Geddy out there playing catch. Nadda.

This was early in the morning, and a couple more buses showed up later.

Attachments

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Rush artifacts in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland!

We here at Deep Tracks have never been shy about our love for the band Rush. So, imagine our thrill when we were invited to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, Ohio for the unveiling of the Rush Inductee Exhibit! As we were standing there drooling over Alex's double neck, workers were busy putting Geddy's bass in position...

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio

Monday April 1 @ 2 pm ET

I finally listened On-Demand. It was a good show. It was cool to hear him talking about bass players that influenced him, and then hear some of those songs. You could hear some similarities that I hadn't noticed before.

That, and he gave some solid props to the Tigers.

Good stuff! :bigthumbup:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

Google is commemorating Earth Day with an animated doodle showing a cycle of all four season. The search giant has been making quirky changes to its logo since 1998, and today, it is marking this annual day to reflect on our planet. https://www.google.com/

The first Earth Day was on April 22, 1970. More than 20 million Americans took part in the day's festivities. Earth Day was founded by former U.S. senator Gaylord Nelson, who was inspired by the passion of the anti-war movement. Nelson originally proposed a "national teach-in on the environment," according to the Earth Day Network, which organizes grass roots events for the day.

Earth Day came at a time when pollution was rampant and regulation was not commonplace. According to the Earth Day Network, Nelson was motivated to spreading awareness after following the events of a massive oil spill off the coast of Santa Barbara, Calif. in 1969.

At the State of the Union address on Jan. 22, 1970, President Nixon stressed the importance of environmental protection and said he asked congress to support a $10 billion clean water program.

"The great question of the seventies is shall we surrender to our surroundings, or shall we make our peace with nature and begin to make preparations for the damage we have done to our air, to our land, and to our water?" Nixon said in his speech.

After passing the Senate and the House, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency was created on Dec. 2, 1970. Soon after, the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act and Endangered Species Act were all signed into law.

Earth Day is now celebrated by about 1 billion people in 192 countries, according to the Earth Day Network.

Nobody celebrates this day better than Deep tracks! Use Start Now to timeshift back to Noon and hear Earle Bailey do his annual tribute to the planet. Some examples:

Earth Day- On porpoise
Byrds- Dolphin's Smile
Tim Buckley- Dolphins
Tom Rush- Mother Earth
Yes- Don't Kill The Whale
Manfred Mann's Earth Band- Singing The Dolphin Through
Country Joe McDonald- Save The Whales!
George Harrison- Fish on the Sand
Jimi Hendrix Experience- Castles Made Of Sand

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Finally- I've been hearing about this for almost 2 years now! I believe John wasn't happy with a few tracks last year and went back to the studio to re-work them. Should be worth the wait :bigclap:

He’s an American singer, songwriter and guitarist best known for his roots with Creedence Clearwater Revival. He was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1983. He’s releasing his ninth solo album – Wrote A Song Foe Everyone – a collection of classics and deep tracks from his career, performed alongside artists such as the Foo Fighters, Bob Seger, Keith Urban and more!

We're talking about John Fogerty and he is joining Jim Ladd for an in-depth discussion, high in the Hollywood hills, Wednesday night, May 29th at 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific

Exclusively on Deep Tracks… SiriusXM channel 27

01. Fortunate Son (with Foo Fighters) 3:29
02. Almost Saturday Night (with Keith Urban) 3:17
03. Lodi (with Shane and Tyler Fogerty) 4:19
04. Mystic Highway 6:04
05. Wrote a Song for Everyone (with Miranda Lambert, feat. Tom Morello) 4:01
06. Bad Moon Rising (with Zac Brown Band) 2:54
07. Long As I Can See the Light (with My Morning Jacket) 4:49
08. Born On the Bayou (with Kid Rock) 4:46
09. Train of Fools 4:40
10. Someday Never Comes (with Dawes) 5:16
11. Who'll Stop the Rain (with Bob Seger) 3:11
12. Hot Rod Heart (with Brad Paisley) 4:59
13. Have You Ever Seen the Rain (with Alan Jackson) 3:17
14. Proud Mary (with Jennifer Hudson, feat. Allen Toussaint and Rebirth Brass Band) 4:25