On Classic Vinyl

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Just in case you haven't listened to SXM in the past few days and heard this on every channel:

Satellite

Hall of Fame Preview Weekend on Classic Vinyl
Starts Today at Noon ET & runs through Sunday
Hear music from the Class of 2014 and every inductee at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. SiriusXM congratulates the 2014 inductees with a Shared Transmission of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Radio and Classic Vinyl.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Still dead to me......but I'll listen anyway...... dammit......

Sent from Tapatalk.
Why in the world would you do that? You already have that on your Lynx at Ch 310 24/7 and with enhanced Sound Quality! This is for subscribers who don't have a 2.0 radio- just saying

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
:bigthumbup: Next week, after this takeover, Dennis Elsas takes over the 6pm- midnight shift for Meg.

Satellite

Classic Vinyl with Dennis Elsas
Dennis Elsas helped to shape the sound of the FM progressive revolution of the '70s. Over the course of his career, he's interviewed John Lennon, Elton John, Pete Townshend and many others. A true record collector, he's proud to say he still has all of his original "classic vinyl!"

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Classic Vinyl’s Fab Feb

Satellite

50 years ago, the 4 Lads from Liverpool landed in New York City and changed music in America forever. All throughout February, Classic Vinyl takes a look back at the career of one of rock and roll’s most important bands. You’ll hear extra Beatles songs, important moments from the band’s history and comments from the Beatles.

Begins tomorrow February 1 @ 6 am ET, airing hourly through Saturday, March 1, 3am ET

7611642.jpg

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
SIRIUS XM’S ARTIST CONFIDENTIAL WITH DAVID CROSBY

Tue May 13 10:00 pm ET
Folk Rock Icon and two time Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, David Crosby, performs classics and songs from his new album “Croz.” SiriusXM’s Earle Bailey talks to David Crosby about his career and his future plans.
Rebroadcast: Wed May 14 4:00 pm ET, Fri May 16 6:00 am ET, Sat May 17 7:00 pm ET, Sun May 18 4:00 am ET, Sun May 18 12:00 pm ET

Reactions: HecticArt

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Classic Vinyl’s 12 American Artists Who Revolutionized Rock and Roll

Thursday 7/3 3 pm ET Classic Vinyl: Ch 26

The British Invasion was followed by American Innovation. Celebrate the American Visionaries of the First Generation of Classic Rock. (1 hr)

Rebroadcast: Thursday 7/3 6 pm ET , Friday 7/4 6 am ET , Friday 7/4 11 am ET , Friday 7/4 5 pm ET , Friday 7/4 11 pm ET , Saturday 7/5 4 am ET , Saturday 7/5 9 am ET , Saturday 7/5 3 pm ET , Saturday 7/5 10 pm ET , Sunday 7/6 2 am ET , Sunday 7/6 8 am ET , Sunday 7/6 12 pm ET , Sunday 7/6 6 pm ET , Monday 7/7 1 am ET

Reactions: HecticArt

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
I've heard this played on Classic Vinyl a few times now; it's an instrumental version of Led Zep's Over the Hills and Far Away

Every time I hear it, I almost get into an accident, because I don't know it's the special instrumental version. Why? Because the song description reads
Led Zeppelin - Over the Hills and Far Away (instrumental version)
but all I see is
Led Zeppelin - Over the Hills and Fa

So when it gets to where Plant should start wailing away, I hear nothing. And I think, "WTF is wrong with my speakers?". And I start moving my head around the cabin, trying to put my ear over the different speakers spread about the dash and doors and footwells, while the car starts wavering out of the lane. Sometimes I even start fiddling with the balance and fader. This is a really dangerous song.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
George Carlin had his famous "Football vs. Baseball" routine. In it, he characterized football as very serious and technical, while baseball was fun and whimsical. I feel the same way about "Classic Vinyl" vs. "70's on 7". Every time I listen to CV, I'm struck about how "important" and "groundbreaking" the music is; because the guy with the deep, gravelly voice-of-god tells me so. The music was even inspired by "serious" and "important" events, such as the war in Vietnam, the protests, civil rights, assassinations, the great drug awakening, and other consequential things.

But then...

"Hey everybody! It's your morning zoo man with 70's on 7! Yuckety yuck yuck. And let me tell you a funny little story that nobody will care about, alright? Alright! Casey Kasem's gonna do another fun and silly countdown. So keep listening, ya hear?"

It's weird, because they play a lot of the same music. I really like most of the music they play on Classic Vinyl, but I can only take so much of that heavy-handed DJ delivery. I mean, after 50 years has gone by, can't they drop the pretense and just play some old songs?