On Classic Vinyl

Discussion in 'Decades, Pop, Rock' started by SIRIUSaboutXM, Apr 8, 2013.

1. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Thanks for the input- nice to see others visiting SXM's website :clap:

Visit the BBC Vault thread for full details

2. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

I am getting most of my stuff from on-air promotions. They seem to be doing a pretty good job lately of promoting their content on the air.

3. SIRIUSaboutXM

Oh, Nevermind

4. goreds2

goreds2 Well-Known Member

I am on vacation this week and we were at a friends late last night jamming to Classic Vinyl on my boombox. We enjoyed it. The friends were impressed with the special programming SXM has.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

That's what I find too. People love to tinker around to see what fun stuff they can find.

6. SIRIUSaboutXM

Looks like Earle Bailey is taking a vacation starting Tue

Classic Vinyl with Dennis Elsas 6am- Noon
    Dennis Elsas helped to shape the sound of the FM progressive revolution of the '70s. Over the course of his career, he's interviewed John Lennon, Elton John, Pete Townshend and many others. A true record collector, he's proud to say he still has all of his original "classic vinyl!"

And Dan Neer will be taking his Noon-7pm slot on Deep Tracks.
    Tuesday will be a long day for Dano: 6am- Noon on CV, then Noon- 7pm on DT!

7. SIRIUSaboutXM

Classic Vinyl welcomes Rachel Steele on board today. Her first broadcast from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame starts in just a few minutes on Channel 26

[​IMG]

Rachel has been a Rock Radio staple in Cleveland for many years. She's a Cleveland Native and can't think of a better place to work than the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Looks like she will be sharing the weekday Noon- 6pm shift with:

Nancy Alden has spent her entire radio career in Northeast Ohio from Akron to Cleveland. She is thrilled to share her 30 year knowledge of Classic Vinyl from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame studios. She is a dedicated animal advocate and volunteer at area pet shelters

8. SIRIUSaboutXM

But Mike Tearson just checked in ???

9. SIRIUSaboutXM

Rachel did work the Noon shift yesterday- I had time shifted back to the morning shift by mistake. I like her a lot! She has a very pleasant voice and personality and fits well- reminds me of Kim Monroe.

Today @ Noon, we get another newbie: Nancy Alden

[​IMG]

She was recently dropped, after 20 years, with WDOK FM/102.1 in Cleveland! DJ Nancy Alden dropped by WDOK, may be an end to a three-decade career in Cleveland radio | cleveland.com

10. goreds2

I love the DJ's when they talk about the music. When they talk about their personal lives etc. (i.e. Alan Hunter) that is a big thumbs down.

I Look forward to hearing the DJ from Cleveland. I may skip listening to Dave Ramsy (XM 246) and listen to her for awhile. :bigthumbup:

11. SIRIUSaboutXM

This just in from Classic Vinyl:

12. SIRIUSaboutXM

Agree 150% Good time to replace the 2 MTV VJ's and give us some real DJ's on Rewind!!

13. goreds2

Sxm 26

Santana Live from BBC Vault Tomorrow 7:00 pm ET

Their signature sound fused Latin and African beats with the guitar, bass and drum sound of Early Classic Rock. Classic Vinyl celebrates the 15th anniversary of Santana’s induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame by unlocking the vault on a vintage concert from December 1976 recorded at the Hammersmith Odeon in London.

14. SIRIUSaboutXM

15. goreds2

16. SIRIUSaboutXM

If anyone cares- I wont be catching this after what he recently said about Ace & Peter :bigahh:

Classic Vinyl Influences with Gene Simmons
    Wed @ 9:00 am
    Bass player and cofounder of Kiss, Gene Simmons spotlights 10 bands that were also influential in the early days of Rock and Roll. Gene and Kiss Singer Paul Stanley recently released a book about the formative years of Kiss called Nothing to Lose: The Making of Kiss (1972-1975). Replay: Thurs @ 3pm

17. SIRIUSaboutXM

[​IMG]

Influences with Rush's Geddy Lee
    On Now 9am
    Classic Vinyl gives thanks for decades of complex thought-provoking-progressive rock from Canada’s Geddy Lee. Hear Rush’s lead singer and bass player remember 10 of the artists that were influential to him early in his Hall of Fame Career. (1 hr)

18. SIRIUSaboutXM

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  19. SIRIUSaboutXM

This just in from Classic Rewind:
    [​IMG]

Celebrate the birthday of ONE OF ROCK’S MOST LEGENDARY AND DISTINCTIVE SOUTHERN ROCK VOICES, GREGG ALLMAN. Join Classic Vinyl as we unlock the BBC Vault almost 40 years to the day spotlighting New Year’s Eve 1973 at San Francisco’s Winterland Ballroom. It’s another exclusive presentation of the SiriusXM concert series, “Live From The BBC Vault.†Classic Vinyl, SiriusXM 26 or on the SiriusXM App @ 11 am-12 pm ET/8 am-9 am PT.

http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/siriusxm-music/15820-live-bbc-vault-schedule-21.html#post356422

20. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

He's no angel.