On Classic Rewind

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Classic Vinyl was awesome last week- I spent more time listening than any other week. This week (although not on their weekly schedule for some reason )Rewind will be running 2 great looking shows:

DEBUT’s Wednesday at 11 pm ET
Unlock the BBC Vault for LIVE David Gilmour from 2006 at The Mermaid Theatre, London! Rewind to just after the release of David Gilmour’s 3rd studio solo album, On An Island. Hear a live performance including songs from it and Pink Floyd classics too. ENCORES: FRI 12/7 @ 6AM/3AM PT; SAT 12/8 @ 6PM ET/3PM; SUN 12/9 @ 11AM ET/8AM PT

Thursday at 4pm ET
Dave Grohl Presents: Sound City1975-1978
War, Fleetwood Mac, Grateful Dead, REO Speedwagon, Foreigner, Cheap trick
Rebroadcast: Fri 11/30 10:00 pm ET; Sat 12/1 9:00 am ET; Sun 12/2 8:00 pm ET

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Thank You Classic Rewind! Not sure if this is permanent or just for the Holidays, but Kristine Stone is taking over Alan Hunter's 6pm -midnight shift starting this Saturday. :thankyou:

Now if we can find a good replacement for Mark! Also PSJ begins his 2-3 week Holiday break after his Noon-6pm shift this Monday and Dan Neer will take over then.

:buttrock: Rewind guaranteed to be much more enjoyable during Christmastime! :xmas:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Thank You Classic Rewind! Not sure if this is permanent or just for the Holidays, but Kristine Stone is taking over Alan Hunter's 6pm -midnight shift starting this Saturday. :thankyou:

Now if we can find a good replacement for Mark! Also PSJ begins his 2-3 week Holiday break after his Noon-6pm shift this Monday and Dan Neer will take over then.

:buttrock: Rewind guaranteed to be much more enjoyable during Christmastime! :xmas:

I didn't mind Alan Hunter. But I also like Kristine Stone so no complaints. I also like Marc Goodman.

Does this mean she will be spending less time on The Spectrum?

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC

181847_10152340714905608_2058673659_n.jpg

Goin' on vacation for the Holidays. Thank you all for a great 2012, and I'll see you in 2013!

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Christmas tune on Rewind! One of my favorite Holiday tunes from the Rewind era Jon Bon Jovi- Please Come Home For Xmas Thanks Pat- have a great vacation!

Last edited:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Christmas tune on Rewind! One of my favorite Holiday tunes from the Rewind era Jon Bon Jovi- Please Come Home For Xmas Thanks Pat- have a great vacation!
Of all the Holiday Channels, hard to find good Classic Rock Christmas tunes. Skynyrd & 38 Special both released these great albums about 10 years ago. I've been requesting them, so maybe we'll get to hear some soon!

medium_christmastimeagain1.jpg
51Pe-Ym90YL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
13641_177255395962_1375025_n.jpg

Eddie Van Halen's Birthday Weekend
Starts Fri @ 7pm- Sunday 11:59pm ET
Sirius_classic_rewind.jpg

Tomorrow, Saturday January 26th lead guitarist for Van Halen, Eddie Van Halen turn’s 58 years old. Celebrate the Birthday of one of rock’s most innovative guitar players from the cassette era! Hear even more guitar shredding, career highlights, and rare audio of Eddie. Classic Rewind's Eddie Van Halen Birthday Weekend on Sirius XM 25.

424921_10150605399469243_2139963454_n.jpg

Last edited:

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Rewind way back to hear about a band endorsed by Jimi Hendrix on the Tonight Show in 1967- The Moving Sidewalks. Chris T played 2 cool songs on Outlaw Country this week when he had Billy in the studio: I Want To Hold Your Hand(a great Beatles cover!) & 99th Floor.

Mark Goodman Interviews ZZ Top’s Billy Gibbons
Today @ 3pm
Hear all about the latest happenings with ZZ Top’s Billy Gibbons and their upcoming Spring tour as he sits-in with SiriusXM’s Mark Goodman. Plus celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Eliminator and what’s up with Billy’s first band, Moving Sidewalks, who have reunited for some dates.

Satellite

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
So listening this afternoon ... no Mark Goodman. Instead its Carol Miller. Not a welcome development. The normal afternoon guy is ok and the substitute they had while Mark was recuperating was good too. But why subject me to Carol Miller? She is the reason I get up in the morning ... to turn off my TTR1 alarm. I think it would be better if she didn't slur everything she says. I also find her voice even more grating than Nina Blackwood (which says a lot).

I hope this is not a permanent shift in announcers.

ETA: Looks permanent. Looks like they are adding Michael Tearson 9AM - noon on weekends and pushing mubling Carol to the 12-6 slot.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
So listening this afternoon ... no Mark Goodman. Instead its Carol Miller. Not a welcome development. The normal afternoon guy is ok and the substitute they had while Mark was recuperating was good too. But why subject me to Carol Miller? She is the reason I get up in the morning ... to turn off my TTR1 alarm. I think it would be better if she didn't slur everything she says. I also find her voice even more grating than Nina Blackwood (which says a lot).

I hope this is not a permanent shift in announcers.

ETA: Looks permanent. Looks like they are adding Michael Tearson 9AM - noon on weekends and pushing mubling Carol to the 12-6 slot.
Since you have previously stated that your favorite 2 channels are 80s & Rewind, you should know about this more than anyone else, instead of me telling you about it :confused: I only listen to My80son8 & MyRewind, which are my favorite 2 MySXM channels.

Mark has been just a tad bit busy for the last 7 days:

Posted on 4/26 in the Town Hall thread:
Mark, Alan, Nina and Martha will be out and about promoting their new book in the coming weeks and it starts Monday on the The Today Show.

51qF3xaAF6L._SY300_.jpg

Tuesday, May 7, 2013
The Howard Stern Show, SiriusXM
The View, ABC
Access Hollywood, NBC
Powerhouse Arena, 37 Main St. Brooklyn, NY 11201

Wednesday, May 8, 2013
AM Canada
SiriusXM Town Hall with MTV’s original VJs, moderated by Paul Shaffer of the David Letterman Show
Barnes & Noble, 6PM, 97 Warren St. New York, NY 1007

Thursday, May 9, 2013
Rachael Ray Show
OMG! Yahoo Insider
SpreeCast (details to be released)
Apple Store 6PM – 7PM, 103 Prince St. New York, NY

Friday, May 10, 2013
Morning Drive Radio Tour, ABC Radio
MTV Radio Tour
WNBC-TV
CNN Newsroom w/Brooke Baldwin, CNN
Barnes and Noble, 7PM, 765 Route 17 South, Paramus, NJ 07652

Saturday, May 11, 2013
Weekend Today Show, NBC

Saturday, May 18, 2013
Gaithersburg Book Festival – 31 S Summit Avenue, Gaithersburg, MD 20878

This caused many DJ scheduling changes all week on several channels(Classic Vinyl & Rewind, Spectrum and a few others) I think they are all taking a day or two off after all this traveling and DJ schedules should get back to normal on Tuesday.

I guess this proves that Classic Rewind may be actually Live, whereas 80son8 voicetracks as much as a week ahead of time!

I would be interested to hear from anyone who listened to 80son8 this past week to see if you could tell it was recorded way in advance.

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Since you have previously stated that your favorite 2 channels are 80s & Rewind, you should know about this more than anyone else, instead of me telling you about it :confused: I only listen to My80son8 & MyRewind, which are my favorite 2 MySXM channels.

Mark has been just a tad bit busy for the last 7 days:

Posted on 4/26 in the Town Hall thread:

This caused many DJ scheduling changes all week on several channels(Classic Vinyl & Rewind, Spectrum and a few others) I think they are all taking a day or two off after all this traveling and DJ schedules should get back to normal on Tuesday.

I guess this proves that Classic Rewind may be actually Live, whereas 80son8 voicetracks as much as a week ahead of time!

I would be interested to hear from anyone who listened to 80son8 this past week to see if you could tell it was recorded way in advance.

I actually spend most of my time at the Spectrum these days switching only to CR on the weekends. I knew they had their book thing. When Mark hasn't made his show before, they used to put in Greg? somebodyorother to cover rather than shifting people around.
The juggling is unusual. I know Alan is missing Friday and Monday.

I think Spectrum uses live DJs as they seem to take facebook/twitter requests. Of course, there is no guarentee that the request isn't 3 days old. But I think some channels do at least voice track very close to the day in question while others like the 80s I think do it a lot ahead of time.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
It's all Psychobabble 2 me

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RmHSbTNudk]Alan Parsons Project - Psychobabble -update - YouTube[/ame]

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Very simple: Carol Miller Sucks. The more I have to listen to her mumblings the more I become irritated at the station. Keep her buried in the morning or better yet -- fire her completely.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Very simple: Carol Miller Sucks. The more I have to listen to her mumblings the more I become irritated at the station. Keep her buried in the morning or better yet -- fire her completely.
Actually, I have to agree with you on that one. I can't stand any of CR's hosts- that's why I only listen to MyRewind unless Dano, Tearson, Grant Random or Kristine Stone fills in. Sirius ruined XM's BigTracks big time when they added the MTV VJ's.

If you wanna get Carol fired, you may have to ask her ex-husband Mark Goodman:

Michael Sigman: Rock DJ Carol Miller On The Magic of Radio And The Fight Of Her Life

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Actually, I have to agree with you on that one. I can't stand any of CR's hosts- that's why I only listen to MyRewind unless Dano, Tearson, Grant Random or Kristine Stone fills in. Sirius ruined XM's BigTracks big time when they added the MTV VJ's.

If you wanna get Carol fired, you may have to ask her ex-husband Mark Goodman:

Michael Sigman: Rock DJ Carol Miller On The Magic of Radio And The Fight Of Her Life

It figures that while we agree on Miller, Grant Random and Kristine Stone, we disagree about other stuff. I much preferred Sirius Classic Rewind to XM Big Tracks. Big Tracks, and new Rewind, play stuff that should be on Deep Tracks. Sirius version was deeper than other Sirius channels but played hits and nothing but. They had Goodman on regularly and I kinda liked him.

Of course, the best rock channel I have ever heard on any service is the old Top Tracks before they split early and late. Played everything and didn't have to play the B sides.

I didn't know Miller was Goodman's ex-wife.