Ok, where are all the NASCAR fans?

Discussion in 'NASCAR' started by semipenguin, Oct 14, 2008.

1. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Time to get things revved up. Only five races left in the chase...:eek:

Wish I could go to Martinesville...:(
  2. Dave Moody

Dave Moody New Member

Dont worry, I'll go for you and send messages back! Hopefully, all the non-idjits from the Sirius Backstage Forum will migrate here, and leave the Jack Bauers of the world behind.
  3. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Great to have you here, Dave...:D

With the only real Sirius Forum fading fast, a lot of the admin & mods decided to create this site for all of satillite radio & other forms of digital radio/music.

The admin & mods should be quite active here in making sure thing don't get too out of hand here.

Have fun at Martinsville. I plan on going next year...:D
  4. Davis

Davis New Member

Question. How is watching Nascar, on TV, fun? I can get into dirt racing, motorcycle racing, etc... (anything with action) but I can't bring myself to watch Nascar on TV. However, I do go to a few races each year and enjoy them live.

Please don't see this as me putting it down. I am just wondering what/how you find it interesting. Do you just watch the cars or do you listen to other broadcasts, etc...?
  5. Snoozer

Snoozer New Member

I can't explain why its fun to watch on TV. To me it just is. Although I do find the radio announcers much more exciting. (NASCAR is the reason I got Sirius, for when I'm away on weekends) I've tried turning the TV volume down and the radio up but it never cues up right. :(
  6. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Hey Davis...:)

Since 2002, when I got my first XM radio, I would have to say that I enjoy listening to the races than watching them. I have also gotten move involved in NASCAR as a whole, too.

I never went out of my way to watch or listen to a Busch/Nationwide or NCTS Races before getting satillite radio.

I do like to watch them on TV when I get the chance, but listening to them in my truck, as I drive down the road, is so much better...:D

I know this might sound silly, but watching the cars, with all the different colors, is like putting a shiney object in front of Homer Simpson...:p
  7. Davis

Davis New Member

I know how that goes.
  8. MAJ Badmotherfarker

MAJ Badmotherfarker is drinking a beer.

All the NECKCAR fans are out back having butt sex because it's gay.:jj::churn:
  9. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Thank you for gracing us with your presents in the NASCAR Forum, BMF...:)

If a tranny hooker happeneds to come our way, we'll be sure to send them your way...:D
  10. MAJ Badmotherfarker

I couldn't resist... it showed up under "new posts" and it was the first thing that popped into my mind.:Smiley_wink:
  11. SubmarineMike

SubmarineMike New Member

Yes Dave thanks for coming back. I will reply to you know who.. as a 20 year Sailor I can talk crap with the best of them. Does he deserve it no.. is it funny to watch him degrade himself yes. I think martinsville will be interesting as Burton has one once but never been very good there. Johnson is amazing at that track and will be a force to reckon with there.
  12. Snoozer

Snoozer New Member

Yeah no doubt Johnson will be good there this weekend. But I gotta say, I'm a HMS fan and even I'm getting bored with JJ winning. Sure they deserve it because they preform well in the chase every year but as a race fan its getting boring. I hope Burton does well this weekend to at least make it a bit interesting.
  13. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

You're always welcome here, BMF, & you know I still love you...:D
  14. MAJ Badmotherfarker

Wow, a Neckcar fan making semi-homo erotic statements... shocking!;)
  15. down4six

down4six Well-Known Member

I would have said donut, but then it wouldn't be there very long. :jj:

Anyway, one of the reasons I chose Sirius was because of NASCAR and driver feeds, as well as recording TSL every Monday. It's nice to have a backup when I am not able to watch the race, or even listen to a driver feed while watching the race. Kind of intersting to see the differences between what part of the track each are covering.
  16. rdhdtrue

rdhdtrue New Member

So is this easy to find or do we have to direct people this way? It would be wonderful to get some antimated and intelligent conversations going.
  17. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

Nice to have you two here, rdhdtrue & down4six...:D

The conversation can only be what we make of it...:)
  18. MichaelC

MichaelC New Member

Great to have a place to post again. Gave up on SBS because it got so slow. Here's hoping to some great civil discussion on the world of NASCAR and NASCAR Radio on Sirius XM!
  19. TVsMike

TVsMike New Member

I didn't post much on the SBS forum, but I'm hoping for more GOOD clean discussions of opinions and a whole heck of a lot less name calling on here!

Great to see Dave over here, and now we need Bagman, Poole and the rest over here as well to help flesh out their points on air!
  20. Dave Moody

Dave Moody New Member

Says something about you, doesn't it? :eek: