Ok. I am banking we get some news Tuesday.

MichaelC

Oct 14, 2008
I'm thinking this channel changing and stuff is something they're not wanting to hype, or even publicize, too much. I get the feeling they're hoping when Wednesday rolls around not many people will notice anything, as if things are normal. Sure, they'll probably update the websites to coorespond with the names and channel numbers. But I think they'll approach this as subtle as possible.

Last edited:

syphix

Oct 15, 2008
I'm curious as to if they'll "pre-announce" anything, too. But after talking with my wife, I take it this way:

HER: "Will 16 still be country?"

ME: "Yes."

HER: "Will 26 be current pop?"

ME: "For the most part, yes."

HER: "Then I'm fine."

MOST people, I think, won't notice much tomorrow...other than channel names/logos, channel moves. The channels removed, however you look at it, will affect the LEAST number of people, really. Will those people be pissed? Hell yes. And we'll hear it on here. But they really are in the minority when it comes to the "80's on 8", "Highway 16", "Top Tracks" and "Flight 26" crowds on the whole.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I'm curious as to if they'll "pre-announce" anything, too. But after talking with my wife, I take it this way:

HER: "Will 16 still be country?"

ME: "Yes."

HER: "Will 26 be current pop?"

ME: "For the most part, yes."

HER: "Then I'm fine."

MOST people, I think, won't notice much tomorrow...other than channel names/logos, channel moves. The channels removed, however you look at it, will affect the LEAST number of people, really. Will those people be pissed? Hell yes. And we'll hear it on here. But they really are in the minority when it comes to the "80's on 8", "Highway 16", "Top Tracks" and "Flight 26" crowds on the whole.

Sounds like you have been talking to my wife. She asked 2 questions: Will I have a US Country equivalent? Will I have an Old Time Radio channel? When I said yes and yes, she ceased to care.

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
Lets see what the day brings.

I'm banking that we get nothing today.... the channels change overnight without announcement. And tomorrow morning the channel guides are outdated, yet to be changed..

After days, possibly weeks of confusion by those who don't read these forums, xmradio.com and sirius.com will be completely overhauled and up to date.

Or maybe we'll wake tomorrow and it will be done and current, but I doubt it.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I think the news is that we'll all find out what's up when we turn our radios on tomorrow morning.

I don't expect to see too many dramatic changes on the Sirius side (a few new channel names and some DJ shuffles). This seems to be more of an XM event.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think the news is that we'll all find out what's up when we turn our radios on tomorrow morning.

I don't expect to see too many dramatic changes on the Sirius side (a few new channel names and some DJ shuffles). This seems to be more of an XM event.

It this is a common lineup .... then I would expect a significant number of Sirius changes as well.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I'm not so sure it's going to be a common lineup. I think a lot of channels will be duplicated across both platforms, but not necessarily in the same place.

It will not be a commonly numbered lineup but all 69 commerical free music channels will be duplicated.

jnj86

Nov 10, 2008
Beaumont CA
I see that Liquid Metal is listed for heavy metal instead of Hard Attack. But, channel 27 (The Bridge) is noted "not currently available". That's Hard Attack's current channel number. So, are they keeping both metal stations?

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I see that Liquid Metal is listed for heavy metal instead of Hard Attack. But, channel 27 (The Bridge) is noted "not currently available". That's Hard Attack's current channel number. So, are they keeping both metal stations?

I have no clue yet.

Road Hog

Nov 9, 2008
Massachusetts
It will not be a commonly numbered lineup but all 69 commerical free music channels will be duplicated.

If that is the case then a channel like Disorder is about to be eliminated.

I find it hard to believe they are going to do that without any advance warning.

Listen to the DJs on Disorder today to see if there are any clues about it going away.