OK guys, I'm on board the Slacker train(kinda)

sportboy

Dec 18, 2008
I ordered the Slacker G2 on Dec. 23rd and my ETA shipping date is not until Jan. 6th. The shipping time is killing me.

I wanted to say thanks to all who helped with questions.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Welcome aboard the Slacker Train!

It is always hard to wait it out when getting a new toy, but it will get there eventually and you'll be enjoying it.

Oct 29, 2008
I ordered the Slacker G2 on Dec. 23rd and my ETA shipping date is not until Jan. 6th. The shipping time is killing me.

I wanted to say thanks to all who helped with questions.
They have a few days of closures due to the holidays. Plus they have a lot of orders to fill right now. If your getting it personalized that will be a extra day. Warehouse is in Portland, OR. I assume they do this cause it is cheaper to run things out of Oregon then California. Mine was bought from them in early Nov. Shipment was very fast before the holiday order rush.

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
ok question. Upgraded to premium (plus), the unlimted skips on the G2 works fine, but everytime I favorite a song I get "Get Premium to also save this song too" (This is after I choose always say yes).

I reset messages, so it asks if I'm sure about yes, and this message disappeared.

So what's up with saving songs on the G2?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
ok question. Upgraded to premium (plus), the unlimted skips on the G2 works fine, but everytime I favorite a song I get "Get Premium to also save this song too" (This is after I choose always say yes).

I reset messages, so it asks if I'm sure about yes, and this message disappeared.

So what's up with saving songs on the G2?

Radio Plus $3.99 per month , unlimited song skips, unlimited song request, no ads, option to turn off DJ's and radio station jingles

Premium $7.50 per month, unlimited song skips, unlimited song request, no ads, options to turn off DJ's and radio station jingles, save songs

You can't save songs on the plan you are currently on!

Also just for clarification not every song can be saved even if you have the Premium service. Slacker doesn't have a license for every song, there are some songs that can be saved to the web player, but not the portable, but some can be saved to the portable. In my opinion it seems like its only about 35 or 40% of the songs that can be saved. Certain not enough to go for the Premium service. Many wish they could switch from the Premium to the Plus because the Premium is all that was available till just a few weeks ago. I'd prefer to save the difference is sub cost myself and not even worry about savings songs.

Oct 29, 2008
I have the plus as well. You should not be getting the "Get Premium to also save this song too" message on the player when you save a song. DAB is right you can't save, but you should not get that message either. Be sure after you sign up for service. You do a refresh on the player. Then the player will know you are on the plus service. If you are still getting the message after that. I'm not sure what to tell you. If you sign up for plus your player will not recognize that until you refresh.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I have the plus as well. You should not be getting the "Get Premium to also save this song too" message on the player when you save a song. DAB is right you can't save, but you should not get that message either. Be sure after you sign up for service. You do a refresh on the player. Then the player will know you are on the plus service. If you are still getting the message after that. I'm not sure what to tell you. If you sign up for plus your player will not recognize that until you refresh.

Good Info OOC! :bigthumbup:

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
Thanks for the info guys. Premium sooo not worth it. Nice tier system there to save a few extra bucks.

BTW this thing fucking rocks..

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Thanks for the info guys. Premium sooo not worth it. Nice tier system there to save a few extra bucks.

BTW this thing fucking rocks..

Glad you like it my friend! Good to see you back on, I've not seen you on much since just before the holidays! I was thinking I was going to have come fetch you! :D

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
Glad you like it my friend! Good to see you back on, I've not seen you on much since just before the holidays! I was thinking I was going to have come fetch you! :D

Satellite was boring me :) Only so much you can discuss before it becomes repetitious ya know?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Satellite was boring me :) Only so much you can discuss before it becomes repetitious ya know?

True That!

Well now you got the Slacker and I know you'll be creating stations and sharing them soon enough!

On the music side the Slacker truly does kick sat radios butt!

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
btw, you mentioned DJ chatter, I haven't heard a single DJ yet. This thing really has them ?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
btw, you mentioned DJ chatter, I haven't heard a single DJ yet. This thing really has them ?

There is currently one channel Today's Hits that has a DJ. She only come on about 1 time per hour. But it is my understanding they were hoping to expand this to many other channels over time. But with the Plus or Premium you can turn that feature off, because unlike regular radio it is considered a feature.

One thing you should be loving is the totally uncensored music no matter what channel you listen too. Which of course you can turn off as well.

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
Sound quality is very acceptable. It's alittle quirky as far as the initial setup goes, not bad though, just quirky. Gonna fuck w/ this more at work tomorrow as far as playlist creation. This is basically last.fm 2Go on crack.

So each station (even if you only have one) is 100 songs each right?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
So each station (even if you only have one) is 100 songs each right?

Yes each channel initially starts out with 100 songs, but if you don't use all your station slots it will take that space and continue to add songs to your current stations. It is reported that you can have as many as 500 songs in a given Station if space permits. (Sirius XM eat your heart out with your small ass playlist! LOL )

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
Yes each channel initially starts out with 100 songs, but if you don't use all your station slots it will take that space and continue to add songs to your current stations. It is reported that you can have as many as 500 songs in a given Station if space permits. (Sirius XM eat your heart out with your small ass playlist! LOL )

So, you start with initially 100 songs per channel, then as you build, love, ban, and start listening, more it will increase that playlist depending on your listening habits each time you refresh?

I have to say I'm blown away by the programming so far. I've been hearing songs I haven't heard for ages, mixed w/ classics, mixed w/ shit I never heard but really like.

I'm sold in 3hrs....

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
So, you start with initially 100 songs per channel, then as you build, love, ban, and start listening, more it will increase that playlist depending on your listening habits each time you refresh?

I have to say I'm blown away by the programming so far. I've been hearing songs I haven't heard for ages, mixed w/ classics, mixed w/ shit I never heard but really like.

I'm sold in 3hrs....

That is correct, just make sure you don't use up all your station slots and it will leave space to build up a larger playlist.

I have a 25 station Slacker G2 and I only have 13 Station on it right now. I had 15 but dropped off all my holiday channels today.