Oh Sh*t, Riley Martin let go from H101!!!

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Just heard this on the H101 news. thats kinda f*cked up. they weren't paying him that much, and his show was actually decent. I mean defnitely better than SFRT or Jackie's Jokehunt.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
If what he was doing is true then he deserved to get fired. You can't sell advertising spots on your own with out the company knowing.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
The only original program these two stations worth ANYTHING and thye fire the guy.

Granted, if he was sellings ads on his own then yes, that deserves a reprimanding but lets face it, outside from the 4 days a week we have the Stern Show, there is NOTHING on either channel worth listening to.

Riley had the only fun, original show.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
it was. compared to the other sh*t shows on H101.

also, of their recent shows, I liked the fast food show and the auto show with ronnie.

to each his own. I honestly can't get into ANYTHING beside the show. Some people may have liked it, but compared to other shows on Sirius/XM, it was garbage IMO of course

Chrissyb

Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
I woundn't be surprised if he came back.. we have been down this road before..

and we all know Tim Sabian is a racist..hahhahaahahaha..

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Here's what I don't get though... why not let the guy sell his own advertisement?? Pay him $500/week, let him sell his own advertisement. If it get's crazy, fire him. But, until then, he's doing the leg work. They're obviously not selling enough advertisement to pay him so let him go crazy.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Here's what I don't get though... why not let the guy sell his own advertisement?? Pay him $500/week, let him sell his own advertisement. If it get's crazy, fire him. But, until then, he's doing the leg work. They're obviously not selling enough advertisement to pay him so let him go crazy.

Seems fair enough to me but there is probably some sort of contractual clause in his contract forbidding him from doing so. That and I bet sirius upper management just doesn't like the idea. A lot of sponsors advertise on other channels it'd probably cause problems with them.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008

I agree with you. If what everybody is saying is true, Sirius fired Riley for doing a better job than their own advertising department. LOL

In Sirius' defense, at this point, their "advertising department" may consist of a college student or two, or perhaps a special needs work program crew, like the kind supermarkets hire to retrieve the carts.:)