oh man, if that wasn't an awkward situation with audio

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
I found myself driving slowly around my neighborhood on my way home so I could hear it all. I heard Moody's opening rant and thought it a bit harsh. Now I'm not able to tune in at home, what are the callers saying?

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
What was Moody ranting about, Im out of the truck too.

Kyle was quoted as "hurt, disappointed...." over the paint scheme on the 44 this week. And he was wearing the 45 with a black line thru it. People apparently were taking stuff out of context, and Moody went on about how he "needs to get over it".

An hour or so later, who calls the hotline but Kyle, and it had the makings of WWE smackdown.

Maybe it can be heard on a replay. Or maybe a Stiletto user can link us to it.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
I was also surprised when they said Kyle was on the hotline. I'm glad they explained the reason for the number 45 with the black line accross it. I knew it was for Adam, but not the reasoning for the black line.

I'm glad that what Dave said on air to his listeners about Kyle, he also confronted and brought up those same items with Kyle on the line.
Some people talk the talk, but Moody also walks it :)

Dave Moody

Oct 14, 2008
Barre, VT
www.sirius-speedway.com
how shocked do you think moody was when kyle petty called in asking him if he was bustin his ass. lol

Actually, what he said was, "I hear you're busting on my hat." Big difference. I love the fact that drivers feel welcome to call and express their views on the show at any time. I still believe that Kyle needs to let RPM go on and do their thing without any further commentary from him, and I was happy that he agreed with me on that.

I thought it was an excellent exchange of views, and I think we both understood each other better when it was over.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Actually, what he said was, "I hear you're busting on my hat." Big difference./QUOTE]

i realized that when i heard the reply sometime around 1am. i apologize for not editing it and thank you for straightening that out.

i'm glad that he called in, but i could only imagine the look on your face when he asked you if you were "busting on my hat".

someone took it a little to far by calling kyle and telling him you were, in a nushell, taking a stab at the hat.

as far as his feelings towards rpm, when i read that article sunday morning about what he had said towards rpm i thought to myself, kyle, can't you at least be happy for your father and just let it go, because obviously your dad is ok with the merger or otherwise he wouldn't have done it. siriusly though, if he had anyone to blame for them running the 44 and the paint scheme he'd have no one other than his dad to blame and how could you possibly be upset at your father wanting to honor you 30 years to the day of winning the arca race at daytona.

the one thing i liked most from kyle was when you were trying to speak he would try talking over you until you had to say "let me finish" and kyle basically said, your right, and would sit there and listen to what you had to say until you were done.