Official XM SkyDock Video

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Where's the Sprint version? :scratch:

I thought Sprint was a partner with Sirius, or did all that change after the merger? :worried:
Posted via Mobile Device

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Regardless of your bias, there's twice as many of them, at least, as there are iPhones. Typical Sirius to cater to the smaller crowd...

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Regardless of your bias, there's twice as many of them, at least, as there are iPhones. Typical Sirius to cater to the smaller crowd...

I am indeed bias for many reasons and the Skydock is just one more in a long list.

I doubt 50 million iPhones and 30 million iPod Touchs would be considered a smaller crowd by any stretch!

None the less the fact is that the iPhone/iPod touch easy docking setup made this very easy for Sirius XM to accomplish. Will there be Blackberry version? I think it would be in Sirius XM interest to do so, but how easy that may or may not be I have no idea. Blackberry's are just a different animal and I've not paid much attention to them in terms of accessories or docks.

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
I doubt 50 million iPhones and 30 million iPod Touchs would be considered a smaller crowd by any stretch!

Well, when you consider that RIM has almost consistently held twice the market share as Apple, then yes, that would make them smaller...

Maybe Sirius could poll their user base for some info, since this device seems geared toward current subscribers.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well, when you consider that RIM has almost consistently held twice the market share as Apple, then yes, that would make them smaller...

Maybe Sirius could poll their user base for some info, since this device seems geared toward current subscribers.

Yes I suppose if you want to look at total numbers of devices in the market place you'd be correct, but I don't think Sirius considers the potential of 80 million iPod Touchs/iPhones out there small potatoes. It is also about the culture that is iPod/iPhones in that accessories are ingrained within it. Look at the 3rd party accessory market today. Apple created that, not RIM! Since the Skydock is considered an accessory it fits.

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
Yes I suppose if you want to look at total numbers of devices in the market place you'd be correct, but I don't think Sirius considers the potential of 80 million iPod Touchs/iPhones out there small potatoes.

I never said small potatoes, I said SMALLER:

Adj.1.smaller - small or little relative to something else
Relax DAB, I'm not bashing the iPhone device, just saying they should look at other platforms as well...

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I never said small potatoes, I said SMALLER:

Adj.1.smaller - small or little relative to something else
Relax DAB, I'm not bashing the iPhone device, just saying they should look at other platforms as well...

Smaller yeah I got that! I think you totally missed my point which is the reason that this isn't being announced for the Blackberry. That was your original question wasn't it before you got off all on this there are more Blackberry's than iPhone's kick? LOL

It simply boils down to a huge accessories market. When you go to Walmart, Target, Best Buy etc and they have walls of accessories like they do for iPod's and iPhone's then this market would certain be what I'd target first. If it does well there then you consider expanding out to other type phones. If this fails with the iPhone/iPod Touch, not a snow ball in hell's chance they'll make one for the Berry.

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
before you got off all on this there are more Blackberry's than iPhone's kick?

Yeah, I got onto that kick all by myself... RIGHT...

I merely made a suggestion for a similar device. Someone else started the bashing...

Same old BS around this site... :poop:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Yeah, I got onto that kick all by myself... RIGHT...

I merely made a suggestion for a similar device. Someone else started the bashing...

Same old BS around this site...

You know what man, you take this stuff way to seriously and yet I am told I need to relax! RIGHT! I don't see where anyone was bashing, I simply stated why they went with the iPod Touch/iPhone first and gave specific reasons why, so knock off the bashing nonsense. Anyone reading my original reply to you could clearly tell I was yanking your chain.

You might try to have a spot of fun every now and again, you'll live a lot longer! No one cares what you and I think about our perspective phones anyway. ;)

Now how about we get back on topic this is the XM Skydock for the iPhone/iPod Touch! I think the Video which looks like a commerical is pretty darn cool!

I especially like how the video shows off the touch screen and how easy it really is to get around within the software.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana

There you have it! If this is true another smart move by Sirius to insure their position on these smartphones. They need to do it for Android and Windows Mobile, along with Palm and heck even the step child Zune HD. I kid, I kid Grup...hehehe

If it works like the iPhone/iPod Touch app it will be GREAT.. I love having the ability to stream no matter where I am when I have Wifi or 3G. Plus now with the Skydock even live sat radio while in my vehicle. Don't know if they will go there for these other platforms, but having the streaming it certain a first step.

Now that they will be doing the 30 day trials, I think a the potential for folks to subscribe is high. Though I do wish they would drop that internet only price a tad bit to be more competitive.