1. Hectic Art has been promoted to Admin. See the thread in the News section.

Official Eagles Thread

Discussion in 'NFL' started by hyson, Sep 15, 2009.

1. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

So, week one versus the Panthers was sweet 'n sour.

Great win, the D looked great and, well, McNabb got into his rhythm until he busted his ribs - no surprise to anyone that he's injured already.

Now I hear Garcia is back to relieve that boob, Kolb.

I hate to say it, but I think Vick is going to take this team far....

Thoughts?
    Biaviian likes this.

2. Similar Threads: Official Eagles
    Forum Title Date
    NFL The Official 2014 NFL Playoff Thread Jan 4, 2014
    NFL Official 2012 NFL Playoffs Thread Dec 30, 2012
    NFL Officials back to work tomorrow night Sep 26, 2012
    NFL Official 2012 NFL Season Thread Aug 5, 2012
    NFL Official 2012 NFL Offseason Thread Mar 10, 2012

3. Biaviian

Biaviian New Member

While I'm happy about the Garcia signing I'm pissed that they still pay Kolb 1st round money and he doesn't do shit. Granted he may be able to start on some teams but he doesn't get a chance to prove himself enough to show it (not saying I would want him to).

I have mixed feelings about Garcia. He will do well but I was also hoping to see Vick take the helm. I was looking forward to seeing him live against the Chiefs. I actually traded my season tickets, for that game, to get up into a box and it may all be for nothing.
  4. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I don't really think Vick will see much action this year. I predict Garcia will play well enough to keep the QB position until McNabb gets back. Vick doesn't appear to be game speed, from what we've seen so far.

Saints vs. Eagles this weekend... should be good!
  5. Biaviian

Biaviian New Member

I'm so pissed. I have to travel next week (Sunday - Thursday rather than Monday-Thursday) so I won't be able to go to the game. The economy hasn't hurt the resale value of tickets though!
  6. semipenguin

semipenguin Dy-no-mite!

Glenn Frey & Don Henley are the greatest Eagles. It sux seeing them get old :bigcry:
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

So, is Kolb playing this Sunday or will Garcia rotate in?

Any thoughts?
  8. Biaviian

Biaviian New Member

If McInjury isn't playing I say it is Garcia. I can't see them starting Kolb after signing Garcia.
  9. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

I have to agree but how familiar is Garcia (still) to the offensive formations and plays? Timing might be an issue....
  10. goreds2

goreds2 Well, you know........

11. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Tomorrow @ 1300.

Home Opener vs New Orleans!

Both are 1 and 0...who will get their records tarnished first?!?!

TV: Fox
    Sirius: 125 (Eagles) | 153 (Saints)
    Testicular Radio: Eagles|94 WYSP/610 WIP/97.9X (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre simulcast)
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  12. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

WOW! Exciting game so far.... N.O. up 7, and then KOLB shoots back and gets us tied up.

I have a feeling McNabb's future is in question if he continues to perform like that!! 71 yards!!!

E-A-G-L-E-S! EAGLES!!!
  13. Biaviian

Biaviian New Member

A bit premature, no? I agree, I was right there with you but he still sucks ass. He doesn't even deserve to be on the sideline. I wish Rocca would kick him in the ass.

It sounds like Colb will be the starter next week. I ask....WHY??? Garcia will do a better job. Hell I think Vick could do a better job. I just wish I was sitting in my normal seats. Instead I'll be in the club seats. I decided to give them a shot for a game. If I was in my normal seats I would be joining in on the heckling. I can hear it now.....

Colb sucks...put in Vick. Colb sucks...put in Vick.
  14. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

GAGH!

What the fuck happened?! Total meltdown.... this is why it's so hard to be an Eagles fan.

Kolb doesn't necessarily suck. He just doesn't practice with the first string lineup. I just wish he was more consistent.
  15. Biaviian

Biaviian New Member

That is no excuse for reading a defense wrong. I agree that he needs to practice with the first string more but that only accounts for 1/2 (if that) of his interceptions.
  16. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

At least he didn't get hurt the first game he started in (unlike McDouchebag).
  17. Biaviian

Biaviian New Member

Yeah, McInjury needs to take lessons from women when it comes to toughness. This idiot couldn't last 1 second in Rugby.
  18. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Week 3

Sunday @ 1300.

Kansas City Chiefs @ Eagles!

Eagles are 1-1 with K.C. at 0-2...

Media:
    TV: CBS
    Sirius: 127 (Eagles) | 144 (Chiefs)
    Testicular Radio:
    • Eagles|94 WYSP/610 WIP/97.9X (Scranton/Wilkes-Barre simulcast)
    • Chiefs | KCFX-FM (101.1 FM in Kansas City)
  19. Biaviian

Biaviian New Member

I will be in the club seats this game! I hope I didn't make a mistake because my normal seats are 2nd row at the 25 yard line. I kind of want to be down there for Vick's first game back.
  20. hyson

hyson Forum Jerk

Who's starting this week? Vick?
  21. limegrass69

limegrass69 Confused