1. Hectic Art has been promoted to Admin. See the thread in the News section.

Official 2011-12 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Wolf, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

Official 2011-12 NBA Season Thread

Since the lockout is officially over, might as well start talking about the new season starting around Christmas.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  2. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

3. goreds2

goreds2 Well, you know........

Go sixers !!!

Looking forward to the season. It should only be 60 some games anyway. :bigclap:
  4. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

I'm glad it's over but still undecided about seeing any games this year. Depends on what the Nuggets do.
  5. Steel Cranium

Steel Cranium Active Member

Chris Paul of New Orleans Hornets seeks trade to New York Knicks, won't sign extension, according to report - ESPN New York

Jeez.. The lockout isn't even over yet and the players are trying to screw things up already. It looks like they are hell bent on forming a few "superteams" and using the others for practice. At least it will provide another hurdle between Lebron's Heat and a ring.

The Cavs benefit big time from having a season. Now, they can suck and get another high draft pick. They probably would have had a late round 1st if they season wouldn't have happened and they used the NHL model from a few years ago = average of past three years.
  6. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

If the Lakers get Chris Paul AND Dwight Howard along with Kobe, then the NBA is dead to me.
  7. blyons200

blyons200 Political correctness is social Marxism

The lockout was a big waste of time obviously. Nothing has changed. The only basketball I will watch is college ball. Sucks the NBA takes most of the good players.
  8. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

9. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

10. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

11. Jon

Jon Well-Known Member

12. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

That cool that the Rockets would get Pau Gasol, but they have to give up 3 players.

13. Steel Cranium

Lakers' deal for Chris Paul is a no-go, the NBA rules - latimes.com

Is this the NBA brass admitting guilt? At least it shows that there is some concern that the competitive balance of the league is getting worse. It is a slippery slope, since the next trade that goes down without the league veto will be questioned as well (why this one and not that one?). I guess that they have a bit of permission to block the deal since they are controlling the Hornets, but not a good way to usher in the next phase of the labor agreement.
  14. Biaviian

Biaviian New Member

It will get done, just give it some time. It is just an example of some owners throwing around their weight and Stern giving in. Just another prime example of why Stern should be removed.
  15. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

I'm of course a Chris Paul and Hornets fan... But I kinda wish the trade had gone through. What we were getting in return would have filled out the roster pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
  16. Steel Cranium

I am not liking the new "amnesty" clause that they added in this CBA. Each team has one chance to buy out a contract in advance and take immediate cap relief. While some teams see this as a way to get out of a bad contract (the small market ones), teams like the Celtics, Knicks, Heat, Mavs, Lakers and waiting for the buyouts to begin. This is a chance for a team like the Heat who have their big bucks tied up in a two or three players sign a talent that would normally get a max-type contract for the minimum. If a guy is bought out of two or more contract years, he can afford to play for a ring at the minimum since he has already pocketed his big money for the next few years. This gives the Heat a chance to add a Chauncey Billups or Baron Davis on the cheap. Just another means for the rich to get richer.
  17. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

18. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

19. Wolf

Wolf The Lone Wolf

20. AJ_II

AJ_II New Member

Yeah Kevin Martin and Scola would have been nice pick-ups. I'm actually glad it didn't go through. IMO we would have been giving up too much for an aging P Gasol.