Off season thoughts

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
I've nearly quit listening to 128 lately, especially now that TP is taking calls for a mythical "Sprint 4G" championship. Some kind of fantasy comprised of four tracks, somewhat like the old No Bull thing. I can't listen to fantasy and speculation for very long, and put it in the same category as "how we can change the points/chase" system.

On my way in to work this morning, however, I did hear the last ten minutes of CBL's show from last night. I noticed that she seemed to be making a conscious effort to pronounce her "esses" as ssssssssssssssss rather than shhhhhhhh. Maybe she's going to speech therapy in the off season.

Stay warm and out of the snow drifts out there!

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Since Thanksgiving, I have MAYBE listened to 1 1/2 hrs of SNR. I'll flip over for a few seconds at a time and I have yet to hear anything to keep my interest. But I guess I'm too into football right now. :p

NoWayHozay

Jan 5, 2009
Since Thanksgiving, I have MAYBE listened to 1 1/2 hrs of SNR. I'll flip over for a few seconds at a time and I have yet to hear anything to keep my interest. But I guess I'm too into football right now. :p

Not missing much. I can't even take more than an hour of Late Shift, and that's the only show I consistently like on the channel.

Haven't listened to TMD since October.

Listen to Trading Paint during lunch most of the time. I like the 1pm daily recap.

If I can catch the first 0:15 of Speedway, great. Otherwise it's kind of hit or miss right now.

Haven't listened to CBL in I don't know how long. I remember it was really warm, tho'.

I have no idea what they are doing for weekend shows. Anybody know? Maybe they should pull some of the total scam commercials and promo what goes on for Sat/Sun...

MichaelC

Oct 14, 2008
In the past SNR would've been good to listen at this time of the year to hear what's going on during testing at Daytona. Since they longer do that, there really hasn't been any reason for me to listen.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
In the past SNR would've been good to listen at this time

Man, last year I really enjoyed listening to Poole during the off season. I was SO looking forward to it again this time. He got into some really interestion, and sometimes wacky, conversations. :p

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I've been listening to most of the off season of 128 just as I have in the past. This off season is no different than the ones before. Many of you probably weren't around for the XM144 days when most of the off season was nothing but replays of old races. Heck, even the days during the season there was very little live programming compared to today's standard. There's simply not much to talk about other than rehashing last seasons topics or the occasional new topic that should come up. The same thing is true on most of the NASCAR related websites. That is about to change rather quickly by the end of this month. The lack of news and decent discussion is no different than the NFL, MLB, NHL, or the NBA during their off seasons, but then again, I guess the NFL has the draft. That's good for a couple days discussion.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Many of you probably weren't around for the XM144 days when most of the off season was nothing but replays of old races.

Yeah, that would REALLY stink.

but then again, I guess the NFL has the draft. That's good for a couple days discussion.

I love the draft. Leading up to it and the event itself. But after the draft the NFL is dead to me until August when I start feeling the football itch again.