Obama!!!

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I'm pretty excited about Barack Obama being elected President last night. Yes, it's great that he'll be the first African-American President and he vows to bring change to the country. I don't downplay any of that. But really, I'm just happy that Fred can continue to use my favorite sound byte - "OBAMA!!!". :egypt:

Here it is - obama.wav

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khuu-RhOBDU]YouTube - Obama's Bra 54 Double "D"[/ame]

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
I'm pretty excited about Barack Obama being elected President last night. Yes, it's great that he'll be the first African-American President and he vows to bring change to the country. I don't downplay any of that. But really, I'm just happy that Fred can continue to use my favorite sound byte - "OBAMA!!!". :egypt:

Here it is - obama.wav

Leading up to the election I thought that after Fred played the "OBAMA!!!" sound drop he should have played the Baba Booey "Mac Hine" sound drop for equal time.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
With all of my soul, I hate that soundbite. One of the worst ever....mainly because it's overused.

Geez, all of your soul, huh? I've never seen such disdain for a sound effect!

I love it, I don't think it'll ever get old for me. Still laugh every time Fred plays it.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
It was said today that Pastor Manning will be on the show in the near future...

I -think- he'll be calling in, but I could be wrong.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
It was said today that Pastor Manning will be on the show in the near future...

I -think- he'll be calling in, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, they said the interview would be over the phone. Can't wait for this. People like Pastor Manning fascinate me; does he really believe this stuff he's saying, or is he just doing it for shock value/attention? Either way, I wouldn't mind Howard giving this guy his own 60 minute show.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Yeah, they said the interview would be over the phone. Can't wait for this. People like Pastor Manning fascinate me; does he really believe this stuff he's saying, or is he just doing it for shock value/attention? Either way, I wouldn't mind Howard giving this guy his own 60 minute show.

He really believes the shit he's saying. And his message (that blacks should turn to god instead of a politician to solve their problems) is no more ( or less) ridiculous (not to mention simplistic and incorrect) than race-baiters like Rev. Wright who blame every problem in the black community on racism and wacky government plots.

The funny thing is, Riley had the guy on the ropes for a little bit, and Rileys more full of shit than 10 preachers of any ilk. :yesshake:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
The funny thing is, Riley had the guy on the ropes for a little bit, and Rileys more full of shit than 10 preachers of any ilk. :yesshake:

What do you mean? Has Manning already been on the show? I just finished Monday's show, so I'm a little behind...

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
What do you mean? Has Manning already been on the show? I just finished Monday's show, so I'm a little behind...

This morning in the second hour. Seemed like a typical born-again type, pretty harmless really. Same old BS that Riley spouts, except where Riley sees aliens and spaceships, Manning sees devils and the anti-christ. About the same mentality as the crazy people who proclaimed Reagan to be the devil because the number of letters in his full name were 666 (this was mentioned in the interview).

No big whoop, IMHO. At least he doesn't dress his flock up in Nike sneakers and give them the $5.75 ticket on the Hale-Bopp comet.