NY Sports Show on 101 this Morning

Elwood

Dec 3, 2008
Is Gary a Giants fan or a Jets fan? I can't stand hearing new yorkers talk about sports. First off they are all about supporting the front runners. Next, their knowledge is zero for teams outside of the state. Finally, they spout wrong stats or incorrect technical knowledge about the sport (e.g. Gary calling Plax a running back today).

Then you mix that with Howard's disdain for sports and you get a retarded ferrall show this morning with Gary, Artie, and Robin (!) talking over each other. ugh.

Last edited:

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
howard will be jumping on the steeler bandwagon soon as well since beth is from there. and I recall him being on their wagon last time they went to the superbowl.

however he did mention supporting philly now the giants are out.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I hate when they talk about sports too. They get so much stuff wrong. Howard just likes to talk about the commercials during the Superbowl.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
I thought it was a pretty funny discussion. It wasn't like hours of deep analysis. The Tiki Barber stuff was great and gave Artie something to riff on...

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Hearing them discuss sports is insufferable. Even Artie, it's embarrassing. "Douche chills" would be the operative phrase. I only imagine what Hein and Will must be thinking back in the offices when the crew starts talking about sports. And Ralph calling in to give me his insight? Does that make any sense? At all?

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008
Artie to Ralph: "I bet you liked the Giant's uniforms. The helmets have some really nice ssurfacesss..."

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Hearing them discuss sports is insufferable. Even Artie, it's embarrassing. "Douche chills" would be the operative phrase. I only imagine what Hein and Will must be thinking back in the offices when the crew starts talking about sports. And Ralph calling in to give me his insight? Does that make any sense? At all?

Ralph was stupid. "Eli Manning is a horrible quarterback. He's the reason they lost. It's all about the quarterback . . . He didn't win the Super Bowl; the team did. He had nothing to do with the Super Bowl win." WTF? :D

FlaDoc

Jan 13, 2009
What they fail to realize is that no one gives a shit about NY sports outside the state of NY. Being "satellite" radio the listening audience is worldwide.

On top of this Robin knows absolutely nothing, she just parrots what Howard says, and Artie is stupid as dog crap. The fat guy was lucky with a bet and thinks he knows it all.

As little as I listen to Bubba, at least he is knows what he is talking about and has had some good sports interviews.

So if they are going to talk sports, at least talk about sports in general so that those listening outside the state of NY give a darn.

But then again Howard really doesn't care what the subscribers think. As long as he takes calls from ETM daily, and Ralph 3-4x a morning, and allows Beth to book BS guests he is proving that he has lost his edge.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
What they fail to realize is that no one gives a shit about NY sports outside the state of NY. Being "satellite" radio the listening audience is worldwide.

On top of this Robin knows absolutely nothing, she just parrots what Howard says, and Artie is stupid as dog crap. The fat guy was lucky with a bet and thinks he knows it all.

As little as I listen to Bubba, at least he is knows what he is talking about and has had some good sports interviews.

So if they are going to talk sports, at least talk about sports in general so that those listening outside the state of NY give a darn.

But then again Howard really doesn't care what the subscribers think. As long as he takes calls from ETM daily, and Ralph 3-4x a morning, and allows Beth to book BS guests he is proving that he has lost his edge.

Welcome to the board. Thats some first post. You may want to check for a PM from Sherrif Jgatie. No seriously I agree with some of what you said,but not all of it. Howard and his crew really could care less about anything outside of New York. Sometimes it seems like Sirius is that way too. I do remember Howard talking saying their could be no good Doctors or resturants outside of New York. Still I enjoy his rants though.

Jgatie I was just kidding man. You know I'm a fan of yours. Carry on......

FlaDoc

Jan 13, 2009
Thanks for the welcome. I have been a listener for over 20 years. I used to watch the E show nightly.
Howard can give a good rant, however, sometimes he just carries on to point where you want to scream--"enough ready".
He feels the way most NY'ers do; only good doctors can be found in NY, yada..yada..yada.. when in reality the state with the highest number of medical screw ups is NY. This was reported in the NY Times a few weeks ago.
But everything that Howard says, we have to consider the source; he is guy that still visits a psychiatrist 3x a week--for how many years? and with no end in sight. Yet he still insists on lecturing others how to live their lives.
He certainly makes for entertaining radio. And he was the reason why I subscribed to Sirius.
When he or one of his regular callers becomes to annoying I just switch the channel for 10-15 minutes, then return to enjoy the Howard we all know and love.

TheScionicMan

Oct 11, 2008

What you may fail to realize is that they aren't doing a national sports show. They are talking about themselves and what they watched and thought. When they talk about vacation, its what THEY did on vacation, not what vacations appeal to the nation. They don't discuss all TV shows, just the ones they watch. See the pattern?