NVIDIA defect

PACanesFan

Oct 13, 2008
Guys,

If you have a HP, Dell, Toshiba, or even Mac laptop with an NVIDIA card, please check out this site. The focus of this site is on HP, but the problem is for all. And if you think you can add to this site, feel free to join.

In short, the problem is a defect within the NVIDIA GPU. They were made defective, and on top of that, the cooling system is not nearly adequate. They end up burning up within a year or two. Specifically with HP, they are NOT covering this problem under warranty, and passing along cost of $400 or more to fix. The fix they are offering is using the same defective chipset, which will again fail within months.

All these HP users are trying to get is a free repair or fix. HP was paid by NVIDIA to the tune of $200 million to cover the fixes. HP is charging customers for the repair. It's shady at best. Check out the site for a lot more detail into this.

HP Lies: The nVidia Defect

Last edited:

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I've been using Nvidia GPUs for the last 10 years or so. I've never had a problem with the chips, and the cooling isn't Nvidia's responsibility. I had one output port fail on a BFG card, and they sent out a replacement free of charge as soon as I called them, before I sent in the bad card.

The moral of this story is: don't buy an HP. They make junk and don't support it.