Not Enjoyable .... Newman's paint scheme

rdhdtrue

Oct 14, 2008
St. Louis
danicaboni.blogspot.com
Yes I am from Indy and LOVE Tony BUT NOT enjoying Newman's "not copying Earnhardt" paint scheme. Maybe if they said it was a tribute it would be fine but they say it has nothing to do with him. Amazing how similar it is ... I guess they are just trying to keep themselves in the limelight since he is struggling.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
worthlesswithoutpics.gif

:p

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
I guess you can find it here...Jayski's® NASCAR Silly Season Site - 2009 #39 Sprint Cup Paint Schemes

You're right. Looks kinda dumb, but oh well. It was only a matter of time before someone would bring back the old paint scheme. The #3 will be back some day, too...:shock:

edit. Take a look at those pictures of Ryan and Tony standing next to each other next to the 39 car. Does Ryan's head look about twice as big as Tony's?...:scratch:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItJ0V0YrWEE[/ame]

:)

Last edited:

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Im shocked you dont blame Tony Eury Jr for the paint scheme, or Brian Vickers.

I just saw a pic of the car. Where do you guys get this garbage from? The US ARMY car has always been black. So the #39 is a shock to you people?

Last edited:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
It's the Hass Automation paint scheme. I finally saw it when they replayed qualifying last night. Its very similar to the classic #3. However, I don't see the big deal.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I was an avid Earnhardt Sr. fan and I have to say that this thread is absolutely ridiculous! People are getting upset that someone has a paint scheme that used a couple of colors that Earnhardt's did? :2funny:

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
Imagine what would happen if Kyle Bush started driving a car with those colors? :smug:

When it's HINTED that Kyle drives similar to early Dale people go NUTS! :eek:

On a personal point, I wouldn't want to drive a car that's like someone else's. Take Martin for example, driving the same 5 as Mears and Kyle. I understand the sponsor thing, but I would want to change it up someway.