Not bashing howard, but why does he claim to never have free time?

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
like today they were talking about meeting jackie to talk about something and howard says he doesn't have enough time. but I'm confused. cuz as far as I know, it seems howard only has to do his show 4 days a week, plus a sh*tload of vacation. and on top of that, he is usually off work around 12pm it seems. maybe his shrink sessions consume the rest of his free time, but how does he not have lots of free time in comparision to "regular" people? IMO, it seems that famous people have much more free time than regular folks.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
FUN FACT...Howard invented the concept of time, freetime and the four day work week.

nbcthemoreyouknowlm6.jpg

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
I've wonder this, too. What is he doing? Are the Porky's and Rock and Roll Highschool remakes moving forward? Or is it all-hands on deck over at SiriXM these days?

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
I thought he just sits in his room and stares at the wall waiting for his next show. Oh wait, that was 20+ years ago in Detroit....

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
One thing he's not doing in his spare time is reading Artie's book. Way to support your friend, you self-centered skeleton.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Yeah! Cuz Artie makes extra profit if you read the book, too!! The lengths you guys will go to find a problem with the show is incredible...

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Yeah! Cuz Artie makes extra profit if you read the book, too!! The lengths you guys will go to find a problem with the show is incredible...

It has nothing to do with monetary profit. It's just a different form of support. Howard isn't required to read Artie's book right away, but Howard's daily reminders to his listeners and to Artie is a tad bit passive aggressive.

I love that Artie never takes the bait.

On the reverse side of that coin; I think when Fred and Gary mention Artie's book, they will sometimes throw in the line, "If you read the book...."

That always sounds like a bit of paper cut directed towards Howard.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008

I wasn't commenting on the show. I was commenting on the fact that I find it odd, sad, and disrespectful that Howard hasn't read his supposed good friend's book yet. I wonder how Artie really feels about it?

Can you imagine when one of Howard's books came out years ago, Fred, Robin, or Jackie not reading it, even after it was out for a few weeks?

J3ff

Oct 13, 2008
I always have to laugh at what a sad old man he has become.

Doesn't have free time? What the FUCK man. You're off your job before I even get lunch. Then I squeeze all this shit into my schedule between 5-9. Then I wake up at 515 go to hockey practice and am at my desk by 7. So howard can blow me with all this bs.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I've wonder this, too. What is he doing? Are the Porky's and Rock and Roll Highschool remakes moving forward? Or is it all-hands on deck over at SiriXM these days?

no its actually all that work he's putting in on howard stern the high school years.......

anyways, whats even worse is howard has a limo to drive him to and from his house, which is only about 5 minutes away from sirius's studios, and thats in manhattan traffic.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I thought he just sits in his room and stares at the wall waiting for his next show. Oh wait, that was 20+ years ago in Detroit....

Yeah, back when he tried.

Even the biggest Howard defender (see above) can't seriously not find this hilarious. He obviously doesn't put as much time into the show as he used to. It's more riffing on TV shows and stuff that happens in the studio than ever!
He's also said that the outside projects aren't really happening for him either....So is all his freetime being taking up by Beth Oats?