Nobu

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
For any of you who have actually been, is this place as good as Howard and crew make it out to be? I had never even heard of the place before listening to the show. Nobu gets more mentions than a lot of the paid sponsors.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
I went to the Nobu in Malibu once. It was unbelievable food. It's mostly sushi and of course it's really small portions. What I remember the most was the desserts. They were so small and amazing I don't even know if I could ever describe them as good as they deserve. At the time we were there Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox were there.

Probably some of the best food ever, but the bill might have been just as scary. Thankfully for my wallet it was something that was treated.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I've been to the original Nobu twice, the midtown Nobu and the Nobu Next Door (no reservations). The first time was with a Japanese lady who sold Nobu knives and other restaurant supplies.... maybe eight years ago. She was greeted by one of the chefs. It was the best meal I ever ate. It was not just shushi and sashimi... it was a fusion of Japanese cuisine and a few Western ideas..very creative cooking and extremely delicious. When I was not with her, it seemed more like very fine, very expensive shushi and sashimi and other good dishes but not like that first meal and really too expensive for me.. So...if he you know what to order and maybe know a chef or management... it's fabulous food.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
I've never been personally, but I do enjoy fine dining and know some people who have been to Nobu. They said it was the best meal they ever ate. The place really has an impeccable reputation, despite all the hype.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
LOL Why do you think that is?

Speaking of sponsors, did you hear the tape of the English contestant in the I Want to Be Howard Stern Contest? Very funny bit on what the sponsors tell you about the perception of Howard's listeners... bankrupts, cheaters, tax debtors, get rich quick dupes etc. Wish I could paraphrase it better...

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
Speaking of sponsors, did you hear the tape of the English contestant in the I Want to Be Howard Stern Contest? Very funny bit on what the sponsors tell you about the perception of Howard's listeners... bankrupts, cheaters, tax debtors, get rich quick dupes etc. Wish I could paraphrase it better...

LOL No doubt.

First, get up and have your morning Becks. Then collect your unwanted jewelery so Cash for Gold can give you half of its actual value. When the check comes, immediately call up Ashley Madison - the sponsor needed for those too stupid to "date" on their own.

What if you get an infection or rash from your high quality date? Why, just rub some Beeseuticals cream on it. Richie and Julie say it's the best! Just sit back and enjoy a Klondike bar while watching your sores shrink down to nothing! Good times!

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
LOL No doubt.

First, get up and have your morning Becks. Then collect your unwanted jewelery so Cash for Gold can give you half of its actual value. When the check comes, immediately call up Ashley Madison - the sponsor needed for those too stupid to "date" on their own.

What if you get an infection or rash from your high quality date? Why, just rub some Beeseuticals cream on it. Richie and Julie say it's the best! Just sit back and enjoy a Klondike bar while watching your sores shrink down to nothing! Good times!

I recall reading a post a few weeks ago from someone claiming that the shows sponsors were of a "higher caliber" lately:rofl2:

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I recall reading a post a few weeks ago from someone claiming that the shows sponsors were of a "higher caliber" lately:rofl2:

Well, say what you will, but Becks and Klondike are pretty ubiquitous products that have been around for a very long time - not some new or sleazy gimmick to separate you from your money like some of the male enhancement products.

I'll take them over the Ashley Madison commercials any day.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008

Higher caliber? Higher than what - Nodora? Hahaha.....

Each morning as I exit the garage, I look toward my Harley..... there it stands, hanging its handlebars in shame, embarrassed by the crappy, fifth rate sponsors that it shares the satellite air with.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Higher caliber? Higher than what - Nodora? Hahaha.....

Each morning as I exit the garage, I look toward my Harley..... there it stands, hanging its handlebars in shame, embarrassed by the crappy, fifth rate sponsors that it shares the satellite air with.

No love for Man Groomer.

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
High Caliber as in, not sleazy, is what I had in mind. Becks and Klondike and Decent movies, tv shows and more are way more credible then Half the shit that advertise. Even stuff like Carbonite or Go2myPC are a bit better then Nodoro or Ashley Madison.

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
Well, say what you will, but Becks and Klondike are pretty ubiquitous products that have been around for a very long time - not some new or sleazy gimmick to separate you from your money like some of the male enhancement products.

I'll take them over the Ashley Madison commercials any day.

Adding ice cream is a step in the right direction. Many more steps to tackle.

GoodDog

Oct 13, 2008
Scientific Map
High Caliber as in, not sleazy, is what I had in mind. Becks and Klondike and Decent movies, tv shows and more are way more credible then Half the shit that advertise. Even stuff like Carbonite or Go2myPC are a bit better then Nodoro or Ashley Madison.

Agreed. no issue with Carbonite (I even use it), GoToMyPc, Becks or Klondike