No wonder SiriusXM is bankrupt...(warranty rant)

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by robhurlburt, Jan 10, 2009.

1. robhurlburt

robhurlburt Well-Known Member

I have been an advid subscriber for 4 years, 2 subscriptions, and have had 3 radios, 2 car docks, and 2 home docks. I used to rant and rave about how great this company was. Sure, customer service was never that great, but I have now lost it.

If anybody here owns a stiletto, you know they many "minor" issues they have. I learned to deal, because the ability to record was always worth it for me. Lately my unit has been acting really buggy, and reloading the software twice has done nothing. So I called sirius warranty to get a replacement. No problem, we'll ship it out in 1-2 weeks.

1 month goes by, no unit. I called them and they said, "sorry, we will 2 day deliver it." They did, and I received the unit.

I open the package, and the unit is CLEARLY used. Scratches all over the place, scratches so deep in the battery it is below the paint :mad: My 11month old unit looks better than this garbage they sent me. WTF!

I call warranty, their response "as long as a unit turns on, and makes sound, and receives a signal, we ship it out for waranty replacement." :no::no::no::no::no:

This unit is used, abused, clearly been dropped, and is SH*T.

See you later SiriusXM, once my year is up, I'm out. Not paying for this...

Anybody have upper management contacts. This is utterly unacceptable.

end rant.

2. tsave31

tsave31 Member

When you call, you should ask to speak with a customer retention agent.

3. Supafly

Supafly Member

I've had problems too. My Stilletto started crapping out in 6 months. The headphone jack only played one ear, the scroll wheel stopped working, and it froze a lot.

I did the exchange and when I called to transfer service to the new radio, I asked the CS how long I had to send back the old unit. He said 30 days from now.

A week and a half later I got a charge on my card for $199 from an odd buisness on my online statement, call the bank and find out it's Sirius.

Sirius CS transferred me to Warranty who said I had 30 days from the new Stiletto ship date for them to receive the old radio. It was shipped about Dec. 17 but because of the holidays it didn't arrive until the first week in Jan.

My old unit was in transit when I called so I gave her my tracking number and they did a charge back about 3 days later.

The new Stiletto looked good with the old firmware, but the headphone jack's already screwing up and I've been careful.

I won't buy the Sirius house brand again.

4. robhurlburt

was it a used unit? This junk i received is clearly used

5. Supafly

Supafly Member

It was probably refurbished. The headphone connection shouldn't have failed so easily unless they sent a refurb that wasn't fixed right.

The scroll wheel was hard plastic not like the soft rubber on the orginal. The firmware was old.

Cosmetically the screen wasn't scratched and casing had minor scratches.

6. robhurlburt

After an email to sirius customer care, I received this:
    "Dear Robert,

Thank you for having contacted us regarding your equipment. We are here
    to help!

Per your request, your information was sent to a supervisor to review.
    They have tried to contacted unsuccessfully. They did speak with our
    department which handles replacements and they have agreed to replace
    your receiver. To set up a warranty claim, please call this department
    and have your account number and your receivers ESN available. For your
    convenience this department is open Monday through Saturday, from 8 am -
    10 pm ET at:"

FWIW, No effort was made to contact me. We'll see what the replacement looks like.

7. Supafly

Supafly Member

Good luck with the next one. If the used junk they sent you worked at all I think you're lucky and I'd be tempted to keep it despite the cosmetic damage. Hell I'll trade you mine LOL.

I can't imagine Sirius spending very much to refurbish the SL1. I guess they figure if they keep sending out crap we'll buy something new.

8. robhurlburt

Lucky :eek: I am lucky to be sent a busted up receiver under the warrany period? I guess I don't agree with that..

All they do is reload the software and send it out. I guarantee some poor bastard is going to get mine because its in good shape, regardless if its gonna crap on somebody a month down the road.