No Sirius NASCAR Channel On iPhones

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
You've all heard the commercials by now on the new iPhone/iPod app for listening to SIRIUS/XM. Well just like the SIRIUS/XM online service, NO NASCAR Channel 128. By now everyone knows the reasons why, with Turner owning the broadcast rights over the internet. Do you think that NASCAR is second guessing this decision to have signed with Turner? The sport could be exposed to so many more people if it were not for this limitation. Please do not turn this into a discussion as to if or where it is available online. I hope it would be obvious to you as to why that discussion is not a good thing. Here's an interesting article from the Daly Planet on this subject.....

No Sirius NASCAR Channel On iPhones

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Do you think that NASCAR is second guessing this decision to have signed with Turner?

No. NASCAR is happy with Turner. Doesn't matter what the fans think. NASCAR is going to do what's best for them :worried:

It really makes no differants to me. I don't listen online. But I know there are a lot of people that would benefit from 128 being offered online.
Posted via Mobile Device

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
more people are complaining that howard isn't on the icrap app than nascar. go to any forum talking about the siriusxm icrap app and you will notice that there is not one single person asking for nascar 128

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I don't know why they would consider limiting their audience a good thing. I'm sure that they have quite the contract with Turner but does that outweigh what may be gained from more exposure. :idunno:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
more people are complaining that howard isn't on the icrap app than nascar. go to any forum talking about the siriusxm icrap app and you will notice that there is not one single person asking for nascar 128

I wasn't concerned about Howard and that's fine if you are. I was talking about NASCAR radio.