No Email notifications last few days...

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
I noticed over the last few days that I have not received email notifications for new posts to threads which I have subscribed to. Anyone else have this issue?

If I go to my User CP, I see the list of newly subscribed threads and see the new messages there.

I've checked and my email and other details are correct....

Don't know why this is happening....

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
I noticed over the last few days that I have not received email notifications for new posts to threads which I have subscribed to. Anyone else have this issue?

If I go to my User CP, I see the list of newly subscribed threads and see the new messages there.

I've checked and my email and other details are correct....

Don't know why this is happening....

38197-spam.jpg

Finally figured it out... SPAM SPAM SPAM... Gmail thinks the DRC is SPAM... Got to mark it as Really Great Stuff!

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell
I always remove the subscription notice from my CP as I find it to be an annoyance. I know where I posted by the little arrow thingy next to the post.

Last edited:

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
I like the email notification as the message is in the email. This was very good for the SBS as it took a minute to refresh the screen. This way I did not have to go to the site unless I wanted to respond.

As far as remembering which threads I was active in, when you post to 20 or so a day it gets hard to remember. heck If I post to 2 I cannot remember that either...

I like the email notification. It is sort of a to-do read list....

Now that I marked it as "Not SPAM" I seem to be getting the messages back and out of the SPAM bucket....

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I like the email notification as the message is in the email. This was very good for the SBS as it took a minute to refresh the screen. This way I did not have to go to the site unless I wanted to respond.

As far as remembering which threads I was active in, when you post to 20 or so a day it gets hard to remember. heck If I post to 2 I cannot remember that either...

I like the email notification. It is sort of a to-do read list....

Now that I marked it as "Not SPAM" I seem to be getting the messages back and out of the SPAM bucket....

I go in first through the UserCP. I see threads I have posted in or subscribed to and go to those first. After they are done, I goto NewPosts. I used to do the e-mail thing but I post too much. I was getting flooded with e-mails from SBS so I switched there and continued it here.

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
With the change in the email notification changing the From address from admin at digitialradiocentral dot com to forum at digitalradiocentral dot com things started going back to spam.

attachment.php

For those that use google's Gmail, the fix is to add a filter and put the from address forum at digitalradiocentral dot com and mark it "Never send it to SPAM"

Attachments

• spam.JPG
    spam.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 19

MM

Administrator
Oct 9, 2008
New England
With the change in the email notification changing the From address from admin at digitialradiocentral dot com to forum at digitalradiocentral dot com things started going back to spam.

attachment.php

For those that use google's Gmail, the fix is to add a filter and put the from address forum at digitalradiocentral dot com and mark it "Never send it to SPAM"

This is why I put up that announcement.