no change yet?

drfreeman777

Oct 15, 2008
tried the internet stream this morn.................
reupped for another year last week
still the same as before.
I thought they we changing this today?

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
It is changing. You are receiving the 32k stream until your term lapses for no additional charge.

If you want the 128k stream, you can upgrade at any time for $2.99/month.

It's different because new subscribers from today forward don't get the 32k stream included at no additional charge.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
It is changing. You are receiving the 32k stream until your term lapses for no additional charge.

If you want the 128k stream, you can upgrade at any time for $2.99/month.

It's different because new subscribers from today forward don't get the 32k stream included at no additional charge.

is the 128k stream really that big of a deal?? personally I dont care, as I only listen to mostly H100, H101 or other talk stations when I'm streaming. and when I stream, i'm only @ work, so I dont need 128k anyways.

bwaldron

Oct 18, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
is the 128k stream really that big of a deal?? personally I dont care, as I only listen to mostly H100, H101 or other talk stations when I'm streaming. and when I stream, i'm only @ work, so I dont need 128k anyways.

Well...your needs/uses are not everyone's. It is indeed a rather big deal for anyone who listens to streamed music as opposed to talk.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
There is a huge difference in SQ between the two streams. It might not be that apparent if you are listening to talk or through really small PC speakers. If you use headphones, or put the sound through any sort of audio equipment (or have high end PC speakers) you'd have to be deaf to not notice the difference.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
There is a huge difference in SQ between the two streams. It might not be that apparent if you are listening to talk or through really small PC speakers. If you use headphones, or put the sound through any sort of audio equipment (or have high end PC speakers) you'd have to be deaf to not notice the difference.

The 32k stream is like listening underwater. The 128k stream is better than the satellite quality.

drfreeman777

Oct 15, 2008
did not know that..
assumed the lifetime sub would be at 32
but thought my second sub that i reupped would be at the
higher rate. oh well
live and learn!

Nov 13, 2008
So I can safely assume (wait for it....) that once this monthls billing cycle is done, I will upgrade to 128K since I did go online and order it today?
Posted via Mobile Device

TimTimSalabim

Oct 17, 2008
I upgraded a few weeks ago and the difference is like AM vs FM. I can actually hear the stereo separation now.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
So I can safely assume (wait for it....) that once this monthls billing cycle is done, I will upgrade to 128K since I did go online and order it today?
Posted via Mobile Device

If you did the upgrade to the $2.99/month premium streaming, the upgrade should happen almost immediately.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Posted via Mobile Device

If you did the upgrade to the $2.99/month premium streaming, the upgrade should happen almost immediately.

If it isn't, make sure the streaming has been attached to the login you are using. You may have to call Sirius to sort it out.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I don't think that will make a difference. If you know you are using the streaming ID of the account you updated, you probably should try giving a call to customer service and have them straighten it out. Something does not sound right.

Nov 13, 2008
I don't think that will make a difference. If you know you are using the streaming ID of the account you updated, you probably should try giving a call to customer service and have them straighten it out. Something does not sound right.

Wonderful. They are such a joy to talk to........
Posted via Mobile Device