Nintendo Nx

Discussion in 'Gadget Corner' started by Wolf, Aug 19, 2015.

1. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

i was at my gamestop at opening on friday to get my preorder in. i'm really looking forward to this thing and have been for a long time.

i was hoping for this device since at least 8.2015 and i'm delighted that it's now only 45 days away and with a zelda at launch!!!

now lets talk about this presser. it was not good. take out zelda and mario and it was awful. the way they are going to use online through an app is appalling! the machine should be able to do it all in one. now i get the point that they think it's easier to just take out your phone to voice chat rather then carry around a gaming headset but the idea that a system NEEDS a phone app to have full online features in 2017 in totally insane. that's my biggest gripe. the rest is minor stuff.

the whole way they put the presser together just seemed off. i wonder how much of that is the different cultural styles since it was from japan and how much of it was them just making a bad show.

5 launch games. now zelda is one of them so that's huge but zelda is their 3rd most popular IP. it looks like mario kart 8 is just a fancied up port of the wii u version so it really makes me wonder why they didn't make that a launch game too.

that accessory pricing is also ridiculous! $70 for a pro controller? $89 for a set of joy-cons? not good nintendo, not good. $300 for the device is ok though. i was expecting $250 or $300 so at least that is somewhat reasonable.

overall i love nintendo. the wii u was the only system of theirs that i did not buy. i can't wait to play the switch. i just hope that it sells well. i want nintendo to be a strong presence in gaming. this presser did not help me feel assured that nintendo is back but at the same time i think this device is still poised to be a hit.
  2. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

although the launch lineup looks a bit weak, besides zelda, the overall 2017 lineup looks pretty solid.

[​IMG]
    semipenguin likes this.
  3. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Mario Kart 8? I already have that. I see nothing on that list that I want to play.
  4. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

oh i see tons of games i want to play. but i will concede that a portion of those games are souped up wii u ports since i never got a wii u.

from that list that i want to play, in order:

Zelda: BotW
    Mario Odyssey
    MK8
    Skyrim
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    Yooka-Laylee
    Splatoon 2
    Rime
    NBA 2k18
    Stardew Valley
    Binding of Isaac
    Dragon Quest 10
    Dragon Quest 11

that's plenty for me in the first year of the console.
  5. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

switch kiosks showing up at some gamestops! we are now less than 2 weeks away from launch.

[​IMG]

nintendo is my apple. the only time i have ever spent hours in a line for a device was for the wii and i fully intend to pick up my preordered switch at 12:01 am on march 3.
    semipenguin likes this.
  6. JHDK

JHDK Release Robin's Bra

first breath of the wild review leaked early from edge mag and they give it a 10/10. all the other reviews are going to be released on thursday. if this is any indication it's very good news.

“The result, for all the longevity of its series and the familiarity of the open world genre, is a game that evokes feelings we haven’t felt for 20 years. Not since Ocarina of Time have we set foot in a world that feels so mind-bogglingly vast and unerringly magical, that proves so relentlessly intriguing. Plenty of games promise to let us go anywhere and do anything. Few, if any, ever deliver so irresistibly. 19 years on Ocarina is still held up as the high water mark of gamings best loved and greatest series. Now it may have to settle for second place”. -EDGE Magazine

makes me think that the art style of the game was a strategic decision that has less to do with the power of the switch and more because cell shading will age much better than the realistic type of art.

but then again it seems crazy to think this could be better than ocarina.
  7. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

I thought "Ocarina of Time" was lame.