NHL on SIRIUS stinks

mcf57

Dec 5, 2008
I was thinking of getting the "Best of XM" for my SIRIUS radio cause I was interested in the NHL games coming back to SIRIUS, but I noticed something that is VERY disappointing. NHL on SIRIUS appears to be on only ONE channel. #208. Am I seeing this right? This is the full schedule on SIRIUS, right?:

SIRIUS Satellite Radio - NHL [XM] Schedule

If so, this really stinks. Even the NBA coming back to SIRIUS appears to be on at least 5 channels. WTF?

Is this a permanent thing or will it possibly change as the season goes on? I was thinking maybe once college football ends, it could free up some channels, but thenm college basketball is around the corner too so I'm wondering if that will simply replace it and still leave only one NHL channel on SIRIUS.

If so, it appears to me after some very serious analyzing of both that SIRIUS subscribers really got screwed here with this merger thing. In the long run, it would probably be better to have XM and then add "Best of SIRIUS". I think I've seen this sentiment by others on this board too. Or are there possibly plans to better realign both in the future?

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Hold on there, I have the Best of XM and I had to look throughout the PBP channels , and the games are there for tonight.

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
or soccer on tv

the nhl is taking it in the shorts from the nba.

again.

remember the first year of the nba on espn? not only did they rip our established national hockey night (and gave them an additional night), they dramatically decreased airings of nhl2night to just after a game and gave the nba a full hour of live lookins.

i dislike the nba for a few reasons. running the nhl out of the public consciousness is one of them.

mcf57

Dec 5, 2008
OK, so you are saying there are several NHL channels on the "Best of XM" package for SIRIUS radios. If so, why do they only post one game per night on theri online schedule (ch208)? what are "PBP channels" too?

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
OK, so you are saying there are several NHL channels on the "Best of XM" package for SIRIUS radios. If so, why do they only post one game per night on theri online schedule (ch208)? what are "PBP channels" too?

Yes sir , and the reason I think they are only posting one is because Sirius is probably lazy and they dont post the other games. BTW for tonight's action I would check about 15 to 20 minutes before face off to see what other games are on. I will post a schedule of the games in the NHL forum.

JYJr

Nov 9, 2008
Alexandria, VA
I have a question for anyone with the Best Of XM - how many NHL games do they have per night? I was going to wait until I knew for sure that MLB was going to be added to the Best Of XM before I added it, but if they are playing most NHL games each night, I'd probably do it now. I just didn't want it to be where they would ignore the NHL for other sports such as the NBA (ugh) since channel space was limited.

JYJr

Nov 9, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Bookmark this link: NHL on Sirius

I found this link here:

DRC's Sirius Info and Links

Thanks. So it appears that 5 or 6 is the most number of games they have on a given night. So most games, but not all. I guess that is pretty good. I wonder what it's like on Saturdays, when there is a lot more competition from college sports and the NBA? And when baseball season starts (assuming that it gets added to the Best of XM), things could get really crowded...

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
they'll probably add more pbp channels. some nba games are played on sirius's pbp channels when all the best of xm's pbp channels are being used up.

JYJr

Nov 9, 2008
Alexandria, VA
they'll probably add more pbp channels. some nba games are played on sirius's pbp channels when all the best of xm's pbp channels are being used up.

I've noticed the occasional NBA game on Sirius PbP channels. Wish they'd put an occasional NHL game there instead, but I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the Best of XM anyway. It doesn't cost that much and they still have the 3 months free thing going...

joe2k4

Nov 12, 2008
Usually 211-214 are for NHL and the rest are for NBA. I am glad I got the best of, but feel screwed, because XM fans can hear all of football all of nascar, but I get fucking five games from the nba and 4 from the NHL? Plus what are they going to do when College basketball starts in full force? How about you fuck XM subs over on some good football game once? Oh no such horse shit. Another thing so when MLB starts will we get every game? No its impossible, god I am just pissed. I should have just did all this to my XM because as of right now I can't close my account anywhere because if I did I would still not have the option to get any sport I wanted. This merger really hasn't produced the content the way I was thinking.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
they will end up putting more pbp channels. and the nhl games are staggered so they all don't play at once. plus the nhl games are mainly played on 208 and 211-215. i just counted 11 nhl games slated for saturday so the games are getting aired.

Pothos76

Nov 7, 2008
Home Ice

Home Ice with its 24/7 hockey talk is real good. Hockey fans do not get this type of talk elsewhere.