NFL schedule release

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
The NFL releases its complete schedule for the '09 season in about 20 minutes. ESPN and ESPN2 will have TWO full hours of coverage starting at 7:00 eastern (just a little excessive, maybe?).

But I'm looking forward to it, seeing Houston's schedule for next year. The Texans had their first Monday Night game ever last year, and I'm thinking they'll probably get another for '09.

Anyway, use this thread to discuss the games you're looking forward to...

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I wonder...will the Titans wear the Oilers' throwbacks for that game?

So you heard of this too I see? Thankfully, they will not be wearing Oilers jerseys when they play Houston. They'll be wearing them in a preseason game against the Bills, and two more times during the regular season - both against original AFL teams (which the Texans, obviously, are not). It's to celebrate the 50 year anniversary of the AFL.

But the fact that the Tennessee Titans will be wearing Oilers jerseys at all is upsetting to all of us former Oiler fans. We were hoping the new franchise would be renamed the Houston Oilers (like Cleveland did with the Browns), but that prick Bud Adams wouldn't allow it. He still holds all the rights. But, if the NFL thinks it's best to celebrate the old Houston Oiler franchise by having Tennessee wear the throwback unis, then so be it.

Last edited:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
The 49ers are playing the NFC North and the AFC South this year...:shock:

I hope they get at least 6 wins this year...:worried:

sbv71

Oct 12, 2008
The Chiefs have a BRUTAL schedule - they play the entire NFC East in consecutive weeks! :eek:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
My Saints get 2 MNF games, one against the Falcons and one against the Patriots. :bigthumbup:

We've also got the honor/pleasure/distinction/challenge? of playing the Detroit Lions in Week 1. :icon_biggrin:

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
The Broncos schedule has 3-13 written all over it. Stars off easy enough with Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Oakland. Then gets REAL hard with Dallas, New England, San Diego, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Washington, San Diego again, New York Giants, Kansas City, AT Indianapolis, then Oakland and Philadelphia before ending the season with KC at home. :eek:

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Here are the schedules for all 32 teams - NFL 2009 Schedule Release

My suspicion was confirmed...the Texans will get another Monday Night game. Tennessee @ Houston on November 23rd.

I know what you and I will be doing November 23rd! Hopefully it's a good one, should be, Monday night games are usually great. Especially against divisional opponents. I'm really looking forward to it.;)

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Dallas gets 6 nationally televised games? WTF?:mad: They didn't even make the playoffs last season! Totally lame. Oh well, at least I will get to see the Cowgirls get embarassed on a national stage several times this season.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I am a little confused by the schedule too...

I can only assume that the Cowboys have the large number of national games due to the new stadium. It can't be due to their superb play. At least my Giants will hopefully embarrass them for their first home game in the new digs.

I am disappointed that the Giants last regular season game in the "old" stadium is against the Panthers. I was hoping for the Cowboys or Eagles.

I also don't like the 3 road games in a row early in the season. That means more sitting in the cold for me later in the season. The Thanksgiving night game on NFL Network is a bummer. I'm not sure I can stay awake after all of that food to watch that!!!

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Carolina gets 3 Primetime games:bigthumbup:

Unfortunately one of them is a Thursday night on NFL network, which us Time Warner people still don't get:bigcry:

Other than that, it's tough for the Panthers, especially that game against New England. But it looks like a bunch of potentially good games this year, with a ton of stories and grudge-matches:ter:

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Carolina gets 3 Primetime games:bigthumbup:

Unfortunately one of them is a Thursday night on NFL network, which us Time Warner people still don't get:bigcry:

Other than that, it's tough for the Panthers, especially that game against New England. But it looks like a bunch of potentially good games this year, with a ton of stories and grudge-matches:ter:

If you are in a home market to a team on the NFL Network game, it will be carried on an over-the-air TV station in your area. In NY, when the Giants are on the NFL Network game, it gets shown on WWOR-TV/9, and the Jets games on NFL Network are shown on WPIX/11. They just take the feeds from NFL Network directly. If you are not in the proper TV market, you may be out of luck if you don't get NFL Network. Time to head to the local bar!

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
If you are in a home market to a team on the NFL Network game, it will be carried on an over-the-air TV station in your area. In NY, when the Giants are on the NFL Network game, it gets shown on WWOR-TV/9, and the Jets games on NFL Network are shown on WPIX/11. They just take the feeds from NFL Network directly. If you are not in the proper TV market, you may be out of luck if you don't get NFL Network. Time to head to the local bar!

All the locals bars have gone out of business due to the sucky economy:shock:

But thanks for the info... Don't know if they'll do it because I'm not in the Charlotte market, but I'm still in NC :bigthumbup:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
this is BULLSH*T

the lions play the STEELERS,CARDINALS,RAVENS....let's give them a tougher schedule...PLEASE

Luck of the draw. They play divisions on a rotation basis.

Why would you assume you won't beat the Cardinals? They have had their year and will likely return to suckdom. It also means you guys get to play the rest of the NFC West so you may actually win a game this year!

P.S. Which division would have seemed easy for Detroit? All of them have at least 2 game winners in them.